College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think Venables is the problem. Littrell might be, but the injuries, transfers, and graduations mean that you can’t fairly judge him by what’s happening on the field. It’s also his first season as OC, so he’s largely playing with someone else’s roster. Maybe he’ll make it or maybe he won’t, but it’s too soon to tell.

The real problem is the o-line. They can’t handle stunts and they sometimes even have trouble handling a straight up bull rush, and they’re not getting much help from the tight ends or running backs in picking up rushers. The defenses don’t even have to blitz—just wait until the one lineman slides over to help an another, then run through the hole.

Well, that and ball security. If not for the turnovers on the first three drives, that was a very winnable game—it’s hard to be competitive when you spot the other team 21 points. SC’s offense only had one sustained scoring drive in the whole game; everything else came off a short field from a turnover or a turnover on downs.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said, OU is hiring people with OU ties. Time to cut that cord and hire SEC talent if they want their stadium full again, just saying. No more "OU program past player hires and my family used to play here", etc. Time for a lot more SEC coaches and players to suit up at OU. This is the big boy league now.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody watching the Texas/Georgia game?
Georgia spanned Texas in Austin 30 to 15.
Loved it for all sides:
- as an Aggie, love seeing tu get beat,
- as a GA boy, love seeing UGA win,
- as a fisherman, loved watching it in Venice LA after big day of catching trout & redfish!!
Just a great night!

Latest posts

Top Bottom