Conflicted.... Card #10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why werent you getting the free food in the first place. If they are giving it away then no need to deplete supplies. none of their buisness if you have a full basement of rice.

Interesting point here.
I hadn't thought about it, but...

How is the rest of the population doing?
Is everyone else starving?
If not, what are they giving up to be fed by the gubment?
If so, then the only ones who are fat and happy are certainly going to be marked as gubment snitches.

If everyone else is starving, there can't be THAT many names that can be given up for supplies.
makes me wonder about the context.

Dave

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder sometimes the degree to which people project in these kind of scenarios.

Obviously the government in this scenario assumes that I'd rather let them win than starve to death, and that would usually be true, but 20-some-odd years living in this shell of a country have made me dangerously cynical.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting point here.
I hadn't thought about it, but...

How is the rest of the population doing?
Is everyone else starving?
If not, what are they giving up to be fed by the gubment?
If so, then the only ones who are fat and happy are certainly going to be marked as gubment snitches.

If everyone else is starving, there can't be THAT many names that can be given up for supplies.
makes me wonder about the context.

Dave

That was my thought as I read the OP. Looks like same old goobermint tactics, EVERYBODY is starving, but promise them the teat and they will turn in others.

Not gonna happen here, supplies and alliances in place, don't trust outsiders; especially goobermint, don't tip your hand as to your stash or preparedness. Mainly, I have enough family and remote land to survive on our own pretty well. Situation gets dire, as supposed in scenario, I will probably already be dead.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder sometimes the degree to which people project in these kind of scenarios.

Obviously the government in this scenario assumes that I'd rather let them win than starve to death, and that would usually be true, but 20-some-odd years living in this shell of a country have made me dangerously cynical.

Wait until you've been watching the train wreck for a half century or so ... :(

Even I'm amazed at how cold I can be when considering certain scenarios. And folks who don't know me go "Ohhhhh, you could never do such and such or so and so." GC just smiles quietly and gives me that little wink. Because he knows just how horribly they have misjudged me ... :)

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BadgeBunny said:
Even I'm amazed at how cold I can be when considering certain scenarios. And folks who don't know me go "Ohhhhh, you could never do such and such or so and so." GC just smiles quietly and gives me that little wink. Because he knows just how horribly they have misjudged me ... :)

We aren't misjudging you, we're just in denial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom