Conflicted.... Card #41

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The banking system in your country has collapsed. You have some supplies but your bank account cannot be accessed for more. There are however people who owe you money, and if dawns on you that either you need to collect now in cash or goods or risk never be paid again. How would you go about collecting debts after the collapse?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what they have that I need -- whether that be numbers (as in bodies), supplies or equipment, and/or skills ... Might be that they are in a more desirable location than me and mine ...

Negotiation is an art form, gentlemen. Cultivate it now ...

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmm I can't relate here, I do not loan people money. I have in the past with a couple of friends or family members, it never ends well and I never get repaid, so instead of getting all bent out of shape about it anymore, if someone really needs money for something and I have it to give, I will do just that. GIVE. I also don't loan out books or tools.... Maybe I'm a selfish bastard. :anyone:

If for some reason someone did owe me I still don't know if I would be worrying about what they were doing at that time all of my focus would be on what I am doing to get my family through the storm.

also if the monetary system has collapsed money is no good to me anyway.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hmmm I can't relate here, I do not loan people money. I have in the past with a couple of friends or family members, it never ends well and I never get repaid, so instead of getting all bent out of shape about it anymore, if someone really needs money for something and I have it to give, I will do just that. GIVE. I also don't loan out books or tools.... Maybe I'm a selfish bastard. :anyone:

If for some reason someone did owe me I still don't know if I would be worrying about what they were doing at that time all of my focus would be on what I am doing to get my family through the storm.

also if the monetary system has collapsed money is no good to me anyway.

This right here, except I DO loan out books. (I want my friends to have knowledge!)

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time with this one too for the same reason. I do loan stuff out, but it's done with the knowledge that I may never get it back. If SHTF and someone has my antenna tuner I may go try and collect it up, but it will be done in the most judicious manner possible. The question does determine if these are past-due debts or not and that makes a BIG difference in how it's handled.

I can tell you that if the banking system has collapsed, I don't want paper money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom