Conflicted... New Deck Card #8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You run into someone who in the past made some personal sacrifices in order to help you get on your feet during a financial struggle. Now, society has completely collapsed and he comes to your door begging for help. To give him the bare minimum that he needs, your resources would be depleted by 50%, and you don't know if and when you'll be able to replenish your supplies. Would you be able to do for him what he did for you by giving him half of your supplies?

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give him any supplies he needed and ask if I could do anything else to help in his time of need. I would also look at the option of working together. It could be beneficial to both of us.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1/2 your supplies could equate to a day or a year, need more context.

Yep, this.

If half my supplies are a day's worth of stuff, I'd be looking for more tomorrow and the next day anyway. I'm not out that much. If half my supplies are a year, I probably wouldn't hand over a full 50%, but I'd have no problem offering him 3 hots and a cot in exchange for helping out around the place. No reason that him taking up 50% of my supplies can't turn into him returning 100% or more of what he uses up, and we both benefit in that case.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, this.

If half my supplies are a day's worth of stuff, I'd be looking for more tomorrow and the next day anyway. I'm not out that much. If half my supplies are a year, I probably wouldn't hand over a full 50%, but I'd have no problem offering him 3 hots and a cot in exchange for helping out around the place. No reason that him taking up 50% of my supplies can't turn into him returning 100% or more of what he uses up, and we both benefit in that case.

This is more in line with my thinking. Also, what he did probably did not jeopardize his family's survival when he helped me. I would have to weigh apples to apples, not oranges.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My way of thinking is this, a life of good deeds and morality is a successful life. BUT I will never help someone who won't help themselves. So it really depends. Are they really trying to survive or are you being scammed by a past relationship in now hard times

Latest posts

Top Bottom