Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carne Asada on the Pitboss
20210202_170129.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SIMPLE BEAN DIP...

I usually mix salsa/picante about 50/50 with refried beans, but this time I just added a good bit of Chipotle sauce (Tabasco brand) instead.

It was incredibly good, and fit in a smaller bowl. In fact, it was so good that I forgot to add garlic powder... :hithead:

Enjoyed it anyway. :D
:drunk2:

Sounds great. I hope the firework festivities didn't bother the neighbors lol

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds great. I hope the firework festivities didn't bother the neighbors lol
Lol, if ya like hot stuff, Chipotle sauce really isn't very hot. It's more of a pleasant warmth to me. Probably used about 1/4 (maybe 1/5th?) of a small bottle in the can of beans.

However... if ya don't (or can't) eat hot stuff, it might be a different story. My mom could barely eat spicy foods at all (too hot and it would literally take her breath away). She made (and ate) a good homemade chili, but it was pretty mild.

You can always add heat, but it's kinda hard to remove it... :D

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
SIMPLE BEAN DIP...

I usually mix salsa/picante about 50/50 with refried beans, but this time I just added a good bit of Chipotle sauce (Tabasco brand) instead.

It was incredibly good, and fit in a smaller bowl. In fact, it was so good that I forgot to add garlic powder... :hithead:

Enjoyed it anyway. :D
Sounds good!

I make my own taco sauce by adding salt, garlic powder, dried minced onion, red pepper flakes, and ground cayenne pepper to tomato sauce. I then add about a cup of that with a can of refried beans to make bean dip.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, if ya like hot stuff, Chipotle sauce really isn't very hot. It's more of a pleasant warmth to me. Probably used about 1/4 (maybe 1/5th?) of a small bottle in the can of beans.

However... if ya don't (or can't) eat hot stuff, it might be a different story. My mom could barely eat spicy foods at all (too hot and it would literally take her breath away). She made (and ate) a good homemade chili, but it was pretty mild.

You can always add heat, but it's kinda hard to remove it... :D

I almost cant eat food with out it. Unless it's a smoked piece of meat full of flavor, siracha goes on everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom