Corona Virus- Panic Buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair, Spanish Flu killed up to 100million people a hundred years ago.

And think about little folks traveled back then. There's small rural cemeteries scattered everywhere across NW OK. all of them have lots of stones with 1917-1920 death dates, mostly children on those stones with those dates.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And think about little folks traveled back then. There's small rural cemeteries scattered everywhere across NW OK. all of them have lots of stones with 1917-1920 death dates, mostly children on those stones with those dates.
Whole section of marble stones for kids in the Warren cemetery. Very isolated place in 1919

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes there is. I can take you to one abandoned cemetery with lots of stones like that not far from where we hunt.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far the Wu Flu has only killed about 5500 world wide. I do not expect it to kill anywhere near 100 million.

Just tossing out a fact about a once-new virus we had no treatment for. But by all means, lick the handle of a shopping cart and prove this to be no big deal.

Edit: this may have come out wrong. I've just heard the macho bravado all week from the uber-manly Chad's at work all week... "It's just like the flu man, no worries." "It's nothing but a little cough." Blah blah blah, but none of them would take the handle-lick challenge.

Just because it's 'not as bad' as MSM is projecting doesn't mean we should cavalier a sense of invincibility.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just tossing out a fact about a once-new virus we had no treatment for. But by all means, lick the handle of a shopping cart and prove this to be no big deal.

Edit: this may have come out wrong. I've just heard the macho bravado all week from the uber-manly Chad's at work all week... "It's just like the flu man, no worries." "It's nothing but a little cough." Blah blah blah, but none of them would take the handle-lick challenge.

Just because it's 'not as bad' as MSM is projecting doesn't mean we should cavalier a sense of invincibility.

Oh I know it could be bad, but I think the panic is way overblown at least in countries like the US and with warm weather coming on. Now countries like Iran, China, N Korea, etc it could kill millions. In fact they are digging trenches in Iran to bury the bodies. Meanwhile in places like OK it is just barely there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, Spanish Flu killed up to 100million people a hundred years ago.
But did it?

However, in their recent review, Morens and Fauci noted that the causes of death during the 1918 pandemic were “similar to those during other pandemics” and that “most fatalities had secondary pneumonias caused by common bacteria or, in a minority of cases, ARDS-like syndromes” [5, table 1 on p. 1019]. Indeed, until recently, most descriptions of the 1918 pandemic (including nearly all contemporaneous reports) emphasized that fatal cases had variable and often prolonged clinical courses, that fulminant cases with rapid progression were relatively uncommon, and that secondary bacterial infections were the likely causes of most deaths. -- https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/196/11/1717/886065

Maybe the lesson to be learned is more about what we know that ain't so...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just tossing out a fact?
So who made you Jesus?

Latest posts

Top Bottom