Coyote Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only got one camera still going (due to a limb falling on the other during the ice storm a few weeks ago), and I'm still getting a bunch of pictures with a high percentage being of coyotes.:nono2:

Is anyone else seeing more coyotes than "normal"?

I'm probably going to be working 6-7 days a week for at least another couple month, but I recently bought a Foxpro and am planning to try calling them the next time I get to come up.

Is anyone of here proficient at calling coyotes and can offer advice as how best to set up for success?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Take your cousin up there, we've shot a bunch together and missed a bunch together lol. There's no shortage of them this year.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't exactly call it a coyote problem but a pack has moved in near the airport in Guthrie. The reason why I say it's not a problem yet is they have taken care of the stray cat problem. Only one left that I know of and it probably won't last much longer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had coyotes on camera almost every night at the same time. Bobcats the same.

Set up in your deer stand. I've called a ton of them from the stand. I use the Ruger Ihunt IPhone app and Bluetooth to a cheap speaker sitting on the ground vs a $500 plus commercial caller. Works great.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had coyotes on camera almost every night at the same time. Bobcats the same.

Set up in your deer stand. I've called a ton of them from the stand. I use the Ruger Ihunt IPhone app and Bluetooth to a cheap speaker sitting on the ground vs a $500 plus commercial caller. Works great.

I'd like to see your bluetooth speaker next time we shoot together Dennis.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give you a pic!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453089134.340857.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453089144.521080.jpg

Wife got it for a safety award. Pretty loud, although not quite as loud as a fox pro, but it fits into your pocket or backpack to carry into the field.

I bought one of the Western pro's a couple of years ago. I can lip squeak louder than that POS was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom