Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
several years ago I moved from Houston to Oklahoma. The moving company would not take fuel, ammo, gunpowder, primers, firearms fertilizer, or house plants. I had a pickup loaded with 10’s of thousands of rounds of ammo, at least 50 lbs of gunpowder, the entire contents of a guns safe, a ridiculous amount of fuel and fertilizer covered with a tarp, and the back seat full to the roof with house plants.
I drove the speed limit, came to a complete stop at every stop sign, and used the signal lights at every turn all the way.
" I drove the speed limit, came to a complete stop at every stop sign, and used the signal lights at every turn all the way. "

It's a wonder 'ya didn't get pulled over for driving so . . . abnormally :laugh6:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
job? new/lease purchase property? lol. guess you didn't read where he's a grown man moving to live rent free off his brother. ain't no job and there ain't no property not in his name for sure
I am a 73-year old divorced apartment dweller on a fixed income and would love to be able to live either rent-free or on a low-rent basis. Nothing wrong with being able to do that, especially if it's offered by another family member.

We don't know why rhart has spent so many years living with his son, nor is it any of our business that he has. And it's also not up to us to judge him about his decision to make a move out of Oklahoma, for whatever reason. Seems like there is always an OSA member or two on here that never have anything positive to say when it comes to helping another OSA member.

I'm sure that many of you were raised, like I was, with the idea that "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all". Do we dishonor our parents, or did we just forget some of the good things they taught us?

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my son moved to Massachusetts for a new job about 4-years ago he used Pods for his move. He and his SO packed them (including both hand and long guns), locked them, then they were picked-up an put on an 18-wheeler flat-bed and shipped North so that the Pods arrived at their new home on the designated day they had chosen.

Scott said that the whole thing was, safe, easy, and well coordinated, but expensive. His move from Mustang, OK to Dalton, MA using the Pods system cost him, including insurance, about $9K total for the move.
Nice to know. I'll keep them in mind for any possible future moves.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" I drove the speed limit, came to a complete stop at every stop sign, and used the signal lights at every turn all the way. "

It's a wonder 'ya didn't get pulled over for driving so . . . abnormally :laugh6:
Suspicious driving is "probable cause'!
Reminds of what a federal judge said during a trial filed by a woman who claimed her constitutional rights were violated because LE didn't have probable cause to stop and search her. It went something like this: the judge said to the dea agent "you said she acted suspiciously because she waited to be near the last to deplane which drug runners often do. I've had other DEA agents testify that a person getting off first is a possible drug runner so that's suspicious. I've had yet another agent testify that deplaning in the middle of the pack is what drug runners often do so that's suspicious. You know what? I've determined that getting off the plane any where in line is believed by you guys to be 'suspicious'! I find for the defendent!"

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a 73-year old divorced apartment dweller on a fixed income and would love to be able to live either rent-free or on a low-rent basis. Nothing wrong with being able to do that, especially if it's offered by another family member.

We don't know why rhart has spent so many years living with his son, nor is it any of our business that he has. And it's also not up to us to judge him about his decision to make a move out of Oklahoma, for whatever reason. Seems like there is always an OSA member or two on here that never have anything positive to say when it comes to helping another OSA member.

I'm sure that many of you were raised, like I was, with the idea that "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all". Do we dishonor our parents, or did we just forget some of the good things they taught us?
Thanks kind brother Chuckie.
I started out living with my son to help him out as he had just bought his first home as an unmarried young man. He was renting out rooms to strangers to help him make house payments (the renter prior to me had stolen my son's pistol before he left and pawned it - turns out he was on felony probation). The protective father in me offered to move in and rent both rooms he was renting out to strangers which he eagerly accepted and I moved in. After about 5 years my son married and a couple years later started having kids and I started renting only one of the rooms so the kids could have a room. I also babysit the grandkids free of charge and I believe they really appreciate having a live in babysitter.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks kind brother Chuckie.
I started out living with my son to help him out as he had just bought his first home as an unmarried young man. He was renting out rooms to strangers to help him make house payments (the renter prior to me had stolen my son's pistol before he left and pawned it - turns out he was on felony probation). The protective father in me offered to move in and rent both rooms he was renting out to strangers which he eagerly accepted and I moved in. After about 5 years my son married and a couple years later started having kids and I started renting only one of the rooms so the kids could have a room. I also babysit the grandkids free of charge and I believe they really appreciate having a live in babysitter.
This is awesome. This adds a huge amount of context to your situation.
You have my respect for helping out so much.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

judge him about moving away lol. not even close i wish him well and hope he hurries and leaves.

raised like you! i can promise you i am glad i was not.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
judge him about moving away lol. not even close i wish him well and hope he hurries and leaves.

raised like you! i can promise you i am glad i was not.
And exactly how was I raised so as to make the point that you are glad you were not raised that way? And are you saying [or implying] that the way I was raised was not good?

Latest posts

Top Bottom