crossbreed turnaround time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you using the crossbreed holster, what are your thoughts - good, bad, etc? I'm considering ordering one for my SIG P229.

I have had this thing on for a couple of hours.. I will definitely be buying one for every sidearm I own.

I have a full size ol '11 all steel. two extra 47d mags fully loaded, and the 8+1 in the chamber. On a 6'1'' (and a half) 155lb frame. and its virtually invisible in the right position with a shirt tucked in. I love this thing.

A good belt is paramount however.

Did I mention I have to keep reminding myself Im wearing a 3 lb weight with accessories. lol

Now I just need to find a nice leather magazine carrier/pouch with a concealable flap.

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have to buy bigger pants when you buy the crossbreed? I'm finally going to turn in my application this week. I'm worried about buying a holster (any kind) and my pants being too tight. I tuck mine just right into my waistband right now around the house and its fine but i'm wondering about when I get the holster.

Whats your frame/body type look like?

I just did laundry, to make sure I had a fully clean wardrobe, then I just went through and tried on most of my clothes. 95% of them will be A ok perfect. The other 5% or so , only is a problem because I am 6'1'' and only weigh 155lbs, lmao.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have to buy bigger pants when you buy the crossbreed? I'm finally going to turn in my application this week. I'm worried about buying a holster (any kind) and my pants being too tight. I tuck mine just right into my waistband right now around the house and its fine but i'm wondering about when I get the holster.

I've found, after literally years of being uncomfortable, to by one size bigger in the waist. It will change your life if you carry an IWB holster!

I have a mini-tuck for my PM-45 and it's hands down the best holster I've ever had. Beyond comfortable. It just fits a lot better than my other IWB holsters. So much so that I can justify wearing it in my regular size pants. Not as comfortable as my larger ones but certainly doable.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats your frame/body type look like?

I just did laundry, to make sure I had a fully clean wardrobe, then I just went through and tried on most of my clothes. 95% of them will be A ok perfect. The other 5% or so , only is a problem because I am 6'1'' and only weigh 155lbs, lmao.

I'm 5'9 170 I think my jeans should be fine I just wanna double check before I order one. My jeans always seem a little tighter when I first put em on but stretch out after a few minutes of wearing em. Thanks for the advice. I've decided I will order one for sure.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine right at 3 weeks. I don't have my permit yet but wore it around the house all day yesterday and barely noticed.
I can conceal pretty well under just a regular t-shirt. Not really well enough to go out in public but my shirts are fairly tight because my belly is fairly large. :) A slightly larger and thicker shirt should work fine.

A good belt has really made a difference in any holster I wear. I bought a Looper Leather belt from H&H and have been happy with it so far.

They sent me wild cherry Lifesavers too. Free of charge. :thumbup3:

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine took three weeks, got the NRA discount which was nice.

Worn it quite a bit but just now breaking in (had it for 2 months).

Mine is the Supertuck for glock 17/19/26 and I have carried both my 17 and 26 and retention is great and comfort is superb.

GoodGuy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For those of you using the crossbreed holster, what are your thoughts - good, bad, etc? I'm considering ordering one for my SIG P229.

I have one for 1911's. I love it. I hardly use it, but on those (rare) days when I go IWB, it does the job very comfortably.

OPS keeps them in stock most of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom