Curious ... What do y'all think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... every once in a while these politicians will actually do something useful while they are pandering for votes -- like tell OHP to enforce a law that's been on the books for 30 years but nobody wanted to hurt the Indians feelings so they just let it slide. 🤷
This ^^^

Oh, and ... the sky is falling!

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well yeah ... There is that. I'm REALLY interested in what Genter Drummond's inquiry finds. I realize he's gunning for Governor, but every once in a while these politicians will actually do something useful while they are pandering for votes -- like tell OHP to enforce a law that's been on the books for 30 years but nobody wanted to hurt the Indians feelings so they just let it slide. 🤷

We have power surges and "bleeps" fairly regularly over here. I think the transformer that services this area must be held together with bread twist-ties and rubber bands because by "fairly regularly" I mean at least monthly. And sometimes several times a day.

Anyway, because of all that I spent a lot of money (for me anyway) and had surge protectors put on the HVAC system about 2 weeks ago. Lo and behold we had a "interruption in power" a couple days ago. No worries, right?? We have the surge protector thing we on it, right??

Oh HELL NO! Our heater is now blowing cold air and the little green light for some thing or another that is supposed to be blinking is not. It's just on. Staring at me like "FU *****!" 🙄🙄🙄

I called SunTech and they literally did not believe me at first. Shut it off and turn it back on, they said, like I didn't try that a dozen times before I called them.

I swear if it ain't one thing it's 6 others ... Lol ... 🙄🙄🙄
Sounds like the control board for your unit thermostat has gone bad. That where the green light is. It's actually an easy fix once you get a new board.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think "journalists" like to write inflammatory stories that'll get the readers riled up.
I tend to lean with this. I wonder how much wholesale and retail rates have actually gone up? I mean, if you take fuel cost out of the equation have the actual rates gone up? I'm skeptical of what these so called "journalist" produce. I could be wrong of course, as I haven't dug into it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the control board for your unit thermostat has gone bad. That where the green light is. It's actually an easy fix once you get a new board.

That's good. The unit is still under warranty. It's THAT new. 🤦 The doo-dad he put on it was supposed to keep this from happening. So THAT part is warrantied. Plus I have their "plan" thing where I don't have to pay for a service call if they have to come back out within 30 days of them doing any work (they came out 2 weeks ago).

If they do ANYTHING other than say "Ohhh sorry don't know how that happened but we'll get you fixed right up, no charge." y'all will know before I'm back to post about it. Because the earth WILL move. Lol 🤐🤐🤐 I'm really not too happy BUT ... I understand things happen. We'll just have to see if they do me right.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our power bill is up close to 40 percent this year. Sucks. Be its sad you're having mechanical issues but that can go away. The fact that your power is not stable is disturbing and indicates a willingness of the power company to shirk their responsibility as a utility.

Exactly ... What is going on at that particular station that they can't fix it -- and fix it right -- in 25 years. Almost 26 now.

If it wasn't for all the neighbors' old growth trees that shade my lot I would have solar panels up on the house, the chicken coop and the shed. But oh, noes!! We LOVE "our" shade. I swear if I rules the world ... 😈

Latest posts

Top Bottom