Curious ... What do y'all think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a reply and pointed at nobody. Needed a title.
This news report is sensationalism and not much truth.
In one paragraph he/she talk as about how high our electricity bill is and at the end that most didn’t read;

“Today Oklahoma has some of the lowest average electricity prices in the country as a result of OG&E’s commitment to provide reliable, resilient and affordable power combined with regulatory oversight of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and the adherence to a process of ensuring rates are fair, just and reasonable. As a participant in the wholesale market of the Southwest Power Pool, OG&E customers enjoy the lowest-cost fuel available from a 14-state region each and every day.”

So, where is this “reporter” coming from?
They are advocating going to merchant provided power like commiefornika and Tx went.
Contractors put in gas plants or wind with zero redundancy resulting in the rolling blackouts you hear about all the time.
Want those in Oklahoma? Make sure the Corporation commission gets your complaint and you will get what you ask for.
What redundancy means is that when OG&E puts in a power plant, they install 100% redundancy on the critical components of the plant so that when one fails, the other picks up and the customer never sees a blip.
I spent 16 years maintaining and programming those control systems at Sooner Power Plant.
Our record was one of the best in the industry with the teams that operated, maintained, and supported that business.
Oklahoma was on track by the legislature to go open market like other states before some folks in the corporation commission said no.
Be VERY careful of who you vote for in that election. Bob Anthony has been a stalwart of keeping the commission alive and well.
Never vote for appointed positions on anything related to your utilities.
Yes yes and yes

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weren't they also pushing a more diversified power infrastructure? I recall in the last election for Corp Commission or something similar that each candidate was for more wind/solar except for one. Of course the one who didn't want to wasn't elected...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually just scroll through new posts and don’t go to specific threads. Now I’m going to need to check it out in the political forum as long as I don’t forget. But I probably will.

Let me see if I can find it. Because the discussion is buried in a thread you wouldn't think to look in ... Hang on ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suntech?
Really??

Just thought I'd let you know SunTech came out and made it right. Put a new thermostat on, did some tinkering with the heater and the AC, and left my hallway cleaner than they found it.

I asked him several times if I owed them anything and he said no every time. The kid who put it in was new and used to working on heat pumps in West Texas. (To be fair the kid was honest with me originally and told me that. He also had some other stuff going on -- his first deployment since he got married and his wife was scared to death. He was a sweetie.)

The guy who came out this time I've seen before. He has a ranch, too, plus this job. He has been a HVAC guy long enough he knows what he needs to do as opposed to what they teach you in school. You know how that is. There's what school teaches you and then there's the reality of how things actually work. 🤷

I also found out I can request a particular person if I want to wait until they can work me into their schedule so I think I've found my guy. 🤗

Doesn't hurt that he's tall, dark and handsome either. 😍😍😍😍

Latest posts

Top Bottom