Cz 452!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot mine for the first time yesterday. Nice! Trigger works well for me and bolt throw is very Mauser-like.

I'm using an old Simmons Whitetail scope which, with the low rings I have now, puts the eyepiece in the way of the bolt. I'll have to get some higher rings. I'd like to get a new scope, but that may have to wait.

Anyway, it's a .22 I wish I had had 60 years ago. Whoa, that's scary.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OUCH... put my first marks on 452v driving out trigger pivot pin. then removed adjustment nut above trigger pull tension spring.

pull weight is now 2lb 0oz and very smooth.
couldn't find a suitable match out of my spare spring box. don't want to clip off the several coils recommended. preference is to thin diameter of spring by grinding.

there's also a way to reduce creep with a .007-009in shim.
lots of improvements yet to come.. target is 1lb 8oz, standardized weight on for my hunting rifles.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OUCH... put my first marks on 452v driving out trigger pivot pin. then removed adjustment nut above trigger pull tension spring.

pull weight is now 2lb 0oz and very smooth.
couldn't find a suitable match out of my spare spring box. don't want to clip off the several coils recommended. preference is to thin diameter of spring by grinding.

there's also a way to reduce creep with a .007-009in shim.
lots of improvements yet to come.. target is 1lb 8oz, standardized weight on for my hunting rifles.

I've looked at some of the trigger options, mainly out of curiosity. Timney makes a complete drop-in trigger and another company has one but I can't remember who it was. The YoDave trigger kits are available on eBay but these contain pretty much the same materials you're already using. I've also seen the adjustable sear but have heard the trigger kit does just as good of a job. I may mess with mine in the future but it's acceptable now.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
after one understands below and do own trigger jobs safely ... this frees one from ever buying another aftermarket trigger.

1. positive sear ... hammer cams backwards before dropping
2. neutral sear ... hammer stays still before dropping
3. negative sear ... hammer goes forward before dropping

sometimes positive action is so slight, helps to wear jewelers optics with good light to see.

if sear angle is positive ... any unforeseen shocks like rifle being dropped. will cause sear to cam backward into itself ... locking up tight....

if sear angle is neutral... a hard slam could cause an inadvertent discharge.... or it could survive the fall.... not a good condition.

if sear angle is negative ... a hard slam will cause a discharge... not safe!! .. unacceptable condition

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
it finally made it. 452 FS in 22 Mag
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1270173.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom