Dan Wesson 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, 1911's are crap. I mean look they have been making Glocks for 100years, and EVERYONE is making them today cause their such great carry weapons. Come on guys Glock sure has proven it's self, look at how many wars they've been in(WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, and countless other little spats). All our Military depended on them for their side arms. Oh crap their I go again getting things messed up. Thats the 1911.:patriot:

BrettJ

Ain’t got no gas in it..
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, 1911's are crap. I mean look they have been making Glocks for 100years, and EVERYONE is making them today cause their such great carry weapons. Come on guys Glock sure has proven it's self, look at how many wars they've been in(WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, and countless other little spats). All our Military depended on them for their side arms. Oh crap their I go again getting things messed up. Thats the 1911.:patriot:

:rotflmao: Good stuff... But surjimmy, only a fool with a death wish would carry anything but a Glock! :rolleyes2 Sarcasm FTW!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Makes me want to go out and buy a 4th gen Glock. I hear those are working really well. :D

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn, I was out with some friends and we were doing what I believe is called a bsa drill not real sure on the name. I have a video of me shooting, drill goes like this - hands in the air, buzzer goes off, draw and shoot 5 shots to center mass in under 2.00 secs. It was my first time ever to try and I did it in 2.14 and could have easily got closer to 2.00 if I wouldn't have paused for the last shot. I try to get the video up, if anyone wants to see it.

Is that five different targets or five shots in the center mass of one target? It makes a difference.

Not saying it can't be done, I know guys like OlYeller, Eric Fusion, Lance Jensen and Don can do it... but these guys shoot more in a month than I do in a year... and I shoot a lot.

I'd like to see your video, just upload it to Youtube.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I am posting is not hearsay, it's first hand knowledge. My first weapon I bought was a Combat Commander. Since then I have owned (on the higher end) a Colt Gold Cup, Colt NM, Springfield NM. Custom Colt's By Mike LaRocca, Tussey, Ted Yost, and Austin Behlert. 3 Les Baer's, and an Executive Carry by Ed Brown. I have also owned a DW. I am posting these names not to brag but to let you know what I'm saying is not something I've heard. Although DW is a nice pistol it might be compared to a decent Springfield Loaded which I have also owned or even a Colt Gov. It is nowhere near the same class as a Les Baer or any of the others listed above. If you want an entry level 1911 by all means DW would fit the bill, if you want to be ruined for the rest of your life get a LB. BTW, I have called the LB factory 8 times to ask questions I have talked to Mr. Baer 5 of those times. Now that's Customer Service.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the slide stop doesn't work on the Les Baers and that you have to sling-shot. It lost them a big FBI deal evidently. Make sure you do a functions test!

Like I said, you're full of misinformation.

First, that's not why they lost the FBI contract. It was the ability of Springfield or percieved ability, to produce the numbers they needed.

Second, Les Baer has a history of using Gvt frames for their "commander" sized guns. This causes some the inability to travel the full lenght. However, DW DID the same thing. Someone should PM Chocobo and see what he went through with his DW to get it back to spec.

Anyone care to know where DW gets their frame and slides? Hint: They don't start over here in the U.S. :disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom