Dangerous Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the view I see in post #120, any exiting bullet is going nowhere but into the soft wet ground. What else is there in this scenario that we don't know about; that doesn't meet the eye?

There is quiet a bit that does not meet the eye. But first, there are two consistent approach routes, the one across the street, more or less in line with the house trailer, and the one along side the fence where the dark gray one and also the white one try to sneak up on me. There is a berm behind the dog as he stands at the water puddle. That is an old RR track bed, with plenty of hard gravel. These are the two approach routes and to this day they have not come at me from another direction.

There is more than meets the eye. This is an extended family and they live along the road. For twenty years they have been helpful to us, graveling our driveway and digging our pond. It was last year that the youngest set got these dogs and the problems began. I spoke with the owner of the property - their mother and grandmother, she came over to our house and we talked about the problem. I said I would forego the vet bills if her daughter would erect a nice fenced in enclosure for the animals. It's not a big deal to do that. The grandmother/mother took care of the problem until the pseudo owners of the dogs came home from the oil field and began letting the dogs roam loose. The ownership of the dogs is nebulous. But back to the background on this, the younger set of neighbors are not like the older set and there is constant in and out traffic across the street. I tried to avoid shooting the dogs because I did not want to make enemies. Now, obviously I am in a corner and have no recourse. In a way, I feel like I have done everything I can. The dogs were not present this morning and are not present right now. I don't know where they are but feel like there are enough of them now to where they may be roaming. I heard distant barking in one of my other neighbor's pastures where he has cattle and small calves. I don't know if those are the dogs or not. Probably it's nothing. I am about to go to work in 20 minutes, if the dogs approach me at the gate, I won't present until they are almost on me.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Or just let it bite you or your wife or your other dogs. Sounds like you don't wanna handle it until after something bad happens, then you can file charges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom