1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Daunte Wright Shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OKCHunter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Retired

Retired Marksman

Comply and obey what, something that we never had any say so in implementing. Awfully biased and narrow minded are ye?

Glocktogo and TedKennedy like this.
  2. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I mean, just look in Texas .... people are getting shot in their own homes before getting ID'd even. Botham Jean had officer-off-duty break into his house and kill him for not listening. Wonderful. Can police go "oopsey whoopsy doodle" anytime they break into the wrong apartment and kill people for not complying? Atatiana Jefferson didn't get a heads up either. Both those cases got charged.

But then there is Breonna Taylor who was killed in bed --- hard to comply when officers start shooting after breaking in on a "no-knock warrant although really that was just approved as a no-knock and they should have announced and the cops say they did but no one else except one inconsistent person said that".

Heck, even off of those cases, there is Ryan Whittaker in Phoenix who got blasted opening his door and trying to comply:
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...tal-police-shooting-ryan-whitaker/5459142002/

Then there is Daniel Shaver who got blasted on camera trying his best to comply with conflicting instructions.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...715e7a-dc3e-11e7-a241-0848315642d0_video.html

Andrew Finch didn't look like he had a chance either. He got swatted, would have had no idea what was going on and got blasted while being innocent in his home. Watching the body cam footage I sure can't see anything scary he was doing when he got popped.

Those are just some that I can think of off the top of my head that come off dirty. But from experience I know you are smarter than me, and most all other people on the planet so I'll await you telling me how wrong you think I am.

Glocktogo likes this.
  3. Les Carter

Les Carter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    https://editorial.dailywire.com/new...MIkNSnkuaA8AIVpFPVCh2ADwk4EAMYASAAEgJWnfD_BwE
    There are millions of interactions between Black people and police annually, including about 2 million arrests.

In 2019, 1,004 people, mostly white, were shot dead by the police, according to the Washington Post. Assuming that an average of one police officer is involved per killing, then 1,004 police officers, or fourteen-hundredths of 1% of America’s 700,000 police officers, were involved in fatal police shootings. Obviously, the typical police officer will never kill anyone in his career.

A Washington Post database shows that 14 Black and 25 white “unarmed” Americans were shot dead by police in 2019. An analysis that was broadcast on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" of 10 of the “unarmed” Black decedents showed that for five of these persons, calling them unarmed is misleading: two had cars, one had a stun gun, and two others had guns, authorities said. In those two cases where the decedents had guns, which were the only cases where the weapons were not used to assault police, the officers faced homicide charges.

Even if the remaining deaths were criminal, they do not add up to a narrative of numerous police officers indiscriminately murdering unarmed Black men. Neither do all Black detainees die unless they resist arrest. Indeed, the odds of any unarmed person being shot dead by police are less than their odds of being struck by lightning.

Glocktogo and dennishoddy like this.
  4. Retired

Retired Marksman

Thanks Rex, very good compilation of relevant fact.

Glocktogo likes this.
  5. Shakel65

Shakel65 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Better check your facts Homie.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    harley128 likes this.
  6. Retired

Retired Marksman

Anderson Lemon the fact checker has spoken.

Glocktogo likes this.
  7. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    https://abc13.com/harding-street-raid-botched-hpd/5885310/

So if only 14/100 of 1% did this, how do we calculate the number of officers (mayor and chief on down) that helped perpetrate the attempted coverup? Since they didn't pull the trigger, are they the "good cops"?

Obviously one "bad cop" in this case -

were the cops that allowed this to go on "good cops" or no?

Glocktogo likes this.
  8. Shakel65

Shakel65 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    ???

9. magna19

magna19 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    She should have did exactly what she thought about not taking and giving blood sample. Then not resisted the officers when they thought she should be arrested. So simple a cave man can do it

Les Carter likes this.
  10. Les Carter

Les Carter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%