Dave Ramsey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guys sound like it’s the end of the world nut jobs.

Things are shifting East since the West blew their system up with corruption and politics.

Economic destruction has occurred many times in the past, IMO we’ve taken our lifestyle for granted, now we pay the price.

Gold and Silver is fine as mankind regroups it will retain its value globally. The East and central banks love it.

Do what you want I can only store so much stuff and I’m not Bill Gates. You have to come out the other side with some wealth retention, especially at my age as I’m not 40 anymore.

JMO

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gold and Silver? Silver is probably better due to it's small denominations and probably not good in a full blown economic collapse. Ammo, liquor, food, water, meds and med supplies, yes in a full blown collapse. Only issue with stock piling such items is how do you trade without bringing attention to yourself and your survival lair? Fuel, better rotate it since gasoline does have a shelf life. Diesel is a bit different, same with kerosine. Rebuilding society will require a group of like minded individuals who are smarter than those in DC or even our state leadership, and they better be tough. Skills will be necessary for yourself and family, so stay up to date and study. Just my take.
I always thought a like minded group of people should get together and form a survival coop for want of a better name. Buy a large ranch together, everyone "owns" a 5 or 10 acre tract along the outer perimeter. Grown your own garden. Have a small herd of cattle in the center, with pigs, goats and sheep in good locations. Plant fruit and nut trees and have a few large fields for planting wheat and corn, etc.

They would need a really good lawyer to set it up describing duties and benefits, so that everyone does their fair share. If I was younger and rich I have seen a few places I would think about buying with that in mind. Maybe do the outer properties as long term leases.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought a like minded group of people should get together and form a survival coop for want of a better name. Buy a large ranch together, everyone "owns" a 5 or 10 acre tract along the outer perimeter. Grown your own garden. Have a small herd of cattle in the center, with pigs, goats and sheep in good locations. Plant fruit and nut trees and have a few large fields for planting wheat and corn, etc.

They would need a really good lawyer to set it up describing duties and benefits, so that everyone does their fair share. If I was younger and rich I have seen a few places I would think about buying with that in mind. Maybe do the outer properties as long term leases.

There are survival shelters ranging in price from $50K to $2 million that are meant to be part of a community, sounds like your thought process is for something south of a nuclear or biological apocalypse. The only issue I can see is bugging out to any location. Driving on roads may be fraught with hazards ranging from werewolf preppers to unpassable roads. Good idea.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are survival shelters ranging in price from $50K to $2 million that are meant to be part of a community, sounds like your thought process is for something south of a nuclear or biological apocalypse. The only issue I can see is bugging out to any location. Driving on roads may be fraught with hazards ranging from werewolf preppers to unpassable roads. Good idea.
I think it will more than likely be an economic collapse followed by widespread rioting, looting, murder, etc. Think Chicago on any weekend times 1000. I feel being able to feed your family and band together for defense is the correct way to think.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The problem with anything like you’re talking about is going to be a cluster when all the big egos get involved.
If I was going to join a “group”, it would be no more that another family or two, and I would have to know and like them really well. I don’t like very many people…dogs yes, people not so much.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some of you guys sound like it’s the end of the world nut jobs.

Things are shifting East since the West blew their system up with corruption and politics.

Economic destruction has occurred many times in the past, IMO we’ve taken our lifestyle for granted, now we pay the price.

Gold and Silver is fine as mankind regroups it will retain its value globally. The East and central banks love it.

Do what you want I can only store so much stuff and I’m not Bill Gates. You have to come out the other side with some wealth retention, especially at my age as I’m not 40 anymore.

JMO
Agree for the most part, but there are circumstances, alignments, economic changes and nation alliances globally that the USA has not encountered in "modern times", so there are more factors at play than just an upcoming recession, inflation, questionable POTUS, most corrupt and weaponized US gov in history.

Question for all, If the dollar is no longer the global standard, does gold and silver actually have the stated value?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with anything like you’re talking about is going to be a cluster when all the big egos get involved.
If I was going to join a “group”, it would be no more that another family or two, and I would have to know and like them really well. I don’t like very many people…dogs yes, people not so much.
People can be like minded when times are "good." When the SHTF that may not be the case, every person/family for themselves. Maybe a community like Terminus in "The Walking Dead" will spring up or a community like Negan's group, the worst of the worst people may succeed for a long time.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why everyone should have their own 5 or 10 acre place that they control. Oh and all major group things would be voted on. Now if I had the money like from a lotto win, I would buy someplace like below and set up long term leases on the houses I would have built along the borders. These places would be offered as weekend / vacation / retirement homes to OSA members and veterans. I would also have a gun range built with rifle, pistol and shotgun ranges.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can only control what you can. Mankind has always struggled to survive, we’ve been blessed. The wisdom of our grandparents would be life saver right now.

Those worthless illegals may be heroes in the big cities, they are survivors.
I don’t think an immigration problem persist if the economy collapses and no free money/benefits. JMO

It wouldn’t really surprise me to see a Jesus movement like after the turbulent 60’s, we’ll see, it is going by the book as in the Jonny Cash song.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom