day lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey those deer in Roger Mills county are my pets, I have them named. You don't shoot people's pets. I feed them everyday for heaven sake.

Ha. I hear that. My 30 acres is almost like a petting zoo. You name it, it's here. Everyone around me hunts their land .... I don't, I like critters, and would rather see 'em out here and healthy. I have Pecan trees, that I don't harvest, so I have the fattest healthiest squirrels in the county I have a great respect for those hard-working little tree rats. They work their asses off to put up food for the winter.
I mean, what's not to like about these little guys. I once told my brother I had squirrels so fat they could barely climb trees anymore. He almost believed me. They feel safe here. Lots of cover, and the lower area has a creek for water. A few too many beavers but
they've been thinned out over the years. Muskrat, mink (so I've been told), and whatever.
Someday if I ever really needed these resources, they are here, but until or unless then, they're comfy where they are.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha. I hear that. My 30 acres is almost like a petting zoo. You name it, it's here. Everyone around me hunts their land .... I don't, I like critters, and would rather see 'em out here and healthy. I have Pecan trees, that I don't harvest, so I have the fattest healthiest squirrels in the county I have a great respect for those hard-working little tree rats. They work their asses off to put up food for the winter.
I mean, what's not to like about these little guys. I once told my brother I had squirrels so fat they could barely climb trees anymore. He almost believed me. They feel safe here. Lots of cover, and the lower area has a creek for water. A few too many beavers but
they've been thinned out over the years. Muskrat, mink (so I've been told), and whatever.
Someday if I ever really needed these resources, they are here, but until or unless then, they're comfy where they are.
Wish I had more tree rats, have a couple maybe 3 down by the creek. Have a feeder down there for the deer and Turkey that they hit pretty hard. Planted walnut and pecan trees hoping they will multiply when they start producing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom