DeWalt hedge trimmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it in today. Tried it out on some live stump bodock trunks the power company left standing. The stumps have hundreds of limb spikes growing straight up and I thought it might make an unusual hedge.
9A925F6B-75AC-486E-B314-6BD2191ACAF8.jpeg

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I trimmed hedges the old fashioned way with hand held clippers. I'd never had an electric hedge trimmer. I knew I had to do something about the new growth coming from the bodock stumps.
BF739ACC-D984-4E48-B214-FE5418134FF8.jpeg
The DeWalt was affordable - by itself. Since I already have Flexvolt batteries, I ordered it a few days ago. The 20v hedge clipper accepts the 60v batteries of my DeWalt chainsaws.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would put Tordon on the stumps
Agree 100% with one caveat. The Bodarc I've cut and put the tordon on, required a second treatment right after the new shoots came up.
Why it didn't kill it the first time I don't know. It's death on every other tree. The second treatment kills the stump though.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, the spelling is wrong, but since the real spelling can be difficult for most (including myself), I thought I would post this:

The Beautiful Bois D'Arc Tree

The Incredible Bois D'Arc Tree

The Bois D'Arc tree makes very tough fence posts, but I don't know if they even still make them anymore. From that second link:

"But even though the barn is over 100 years old the contractors could not nail through the Bois d’Arc posts because they were so dense. They had to first drill them, and then nail or screw the boards to them. Fascinating!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom