Dewalt vs. Milwaukee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
25yrs of daily using both brands…
My bluish/green Milwaukee corded hammer drill is the only one that has survived the full length, sparks fly when you get into a pole but keeps going.
After Black and Decker bought Dewalt they went to crap. I average 2 20v Dewalt hammer drills a year… this one is 3 months old and already having issues.
EF321DB4-DB11-428D-ABB0-15329A95DBD4.jpeg

Don’t get butt hurt but I use a drill/impact a couple hours a DAY and here is my 2cnts

Homeowner= Dewalt/Milwaukee
Professional= Metabo(Hitachi)

I’ll have to get a pic of my ol Hitachi, it’s been dropped 30’ a couple times, rained, snowed, iced and pissed on and attached thousands of 1/2” lag bolts. Burned a lot of batteries but not the impact.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
25yrs of daily using both brands…
My bluish/green Milwaukee corded hammer drill is the only one that has survived the full length, sparks fly when you get into a pole but keeps going.
After Black and Decker bought Dewalt they went to crap. I average 2 20v Dewalt hammer drills a year… this one is 3 months old and already having issues.View attachment 436548

Don’t get butt hurt but I use a drill/impact a couple hours a DAY and here is my 2cnts

Homeowner= Dewalt/Milwaukee
Professional= Metabo(Hitachi)

I’ll have to get a pic of my ol Hitachi, it’s been dropped 30’ a couple times, rained, snowed, iced and pissed on and attached thousands of 1/2” lag bolts. Burned a lot of batteries but not the impact.
I have to ask, why did you pee on it?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve stayed out of this discussion because of only owning Dewalt cordless tools.
I will say when using corded tools like drill motors, a 3/8 Milwaukee would outperform any brand hands down, even 1/2” models.
That’s all I’m saying as owners have changed with the name not respective of the original company.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a milwaukee guy. Used them as a mechanic, use them at home. Use them at the current job. I have some ridgid corded saws, specifically a table saw and compound miter, and i am not a huge fan, but theyre good enough for the casual homeowner.

Like everything, different tools are better at different things. I feel that milwaukee drills and impacts beat dewalt all day long, but I do like dewalts higher end corded grinders. I also have 2 or 3 bargain hitachi corded grinders that I got for like $20 each on clearance with some serious errors at the cash register, and they're pretty dang good for the money too too.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to ask, why did you pee on it?

Was down in Texas finishing a overbuild swinging lines over about a month after I bought it. Up on a pole hooking a line in a back yard and left my tool bag on the ground. Lady had a wirey little mutt and he decided to mark my bag which had my tools(and my sandwich) in it. Thought I seen him do it but forgot until I reached in and grabbed it at the next pole.
Yes I ate the sandwich, it was in a piss covered ziploc and bread didn’t have any yellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom