Dewalt vs. Milwaukee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was down in Texas finishing a overbuild swinging lines over about a month after I bought it. Up on a pole hooking a line in a back yard and left my tool bag on the ground. Lady had a wirey little mutt and he decided to mark my bag which had my tools(and my sandwich) in it. Thought I seen him do it but forgot until I reached in and grabbed it at the next pole.
Yes I ate the sandwich, it was in a piss covered ziploc and bread didn’t have any yellow.
I’d have ate the dog instead

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son has been using a lot of HART tools and i've been kinda pleased with the little i've used them
i prefer Hitachi/Metabo brushless cordless and corded.
I never could get dewalt to last
they use a lot of milwaukee at work but I am hearing they replace the fuel ratchets quite often. Guy i am working with just bought his 3rd.
i went through 3 of the small batteries in about 1 hour taking out guide vanes in the engine.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been using this milwaukee fuel 1/4" drive ratchet at work for almost 2 months. It is starting to weaken as far as the strength of torque.
i am not impressed.

i have been using my 1/4" aircat air ratchet more and more.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Accidentally stripped a 5/8” bolt with the 3/4” Milwaukee.
IMG_9532.jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Porter Cable corded router that I got in HS. It is 50+ years old. Has seen lots of use and abuse. Works as good as when new.

Most of my battery tools are DeWalt and a few corded. They have served me well. A few Ryobi, corded and battery.
3 miter saws, Ryobi, Delta and a Metabo.
The Metabo is more consistent
Son has everything Ryobi and has no complaints.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a **** ton of Dewalts. They have served me well. I have two of the 1/2” impacts that are 1030 ft lb fastening and 1400 break away torque, one in each of my trucks in bags with sets of impact sockets. Makes changing tires fast and easy for a old ****er!

Warning: They will break studs if not used accordingly! On level one they are 100 ftlb of torque.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My Milwaukee compacts run for hours on those little batteries. The torque is pretty impressive too. I have lots of dewalt from drills, chainsaws, weedeaters etc. I like em all!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a **** ton of Dewalts. They have served me well. I have two of the 1/2” impacts that are 1030 ft lb fastening and 1400 break away torque, one in each of my trucks in bags with sets of impact sockets. Makes changing tires fast and easy for a old ****er!

Warning: They will break studs if not used accordingly! On level one they are 100 ftlb of torque.

Years ago, I bought an electric impact at HF, plugs into cigarette lighter.

A hay trailer, made from a Model T frame, had been sitting pasture for 12 years. Went to put tires on it, to be able to use.

Took a while, but that HF impact removed 20 rusted lug nuts, without breaking a stud. It has been in my truck since and changed several tires. Definitely a back saver.

A professional needs quality, dependable tools. But, spending Snap-On money isn't REQUIRED, just a choice.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t have any Milwaukee power tools but have the Packout storage stuff. My first round of Dewalt tools was a hand me down and uses the old 18v batteries. I still have most of it and use it often but I’ve also acquired some of the newer 20v battery stuff. Have a couple of the adapters and go back and forth between the older and newer type tools. My son is a Ford mechanic and has a lot of the Milwaukee Fuel stuff. I do like how compact they are but have too much Dewalt stuff to make the switch. I’m starting to have some batteries go bad but they’re 4-5 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom