Disgusting Wal Mart purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen people buy swimming pools and return them right at 30 days, then go down the road to another store, buy another and return it in 30 days. The kids got their summer fun largely for free.

When I worked in the Weatherford Wal-Mart, it wasn't uncommon to get a spike in sales of vacuum cleaners and other cleaning goods near the end of the spring semester when leases were running out... only to get a near-equal spike in returns of said items a few days later.

My wife and I bought our TV at store cost because it was returned with a cable missing. It was when HDMI cables were first hitting the shelves at Wal-Mart and costing $45-$50, and a "perk" of the Sanyo TV's with the near-180 degree viewing radius was that it included a 6ft HDMI cable. TV was returned the morning after it was bought for a credit card refund. The reason given was that it wouldn't turn on. At the time, either Sanyo or the distributor required all included items to be included in the return, or the store didn't get credit. Since the HDMI cable was missing, it was going in the trash until we plugged it in and tested it with a DVD player... since it worked, it got offered to employees at cost. Sticky note posted at 7AM, paid for at 7:05AM.

By the way, if you bought a perennial, tree, or shrub from Wal-Mart and the heat, lack of rain, or armadillo killed it, you can return it within 1 year of the purchase date.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted walmart may have a larger populous of people who conduct themselves in this manner, it is not isolated to them.

I've seen similar acts at Super Target and Reasor's. People opening and consuming items and hiding them, children running rampant and doing things, etc.

It's not limited to Wal-Mart by any means... people are idiots no matter the venue.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
agree ^^^ it has happened at grocery stores also.I have bought pringles, nuts,etc and they were already opened and some had been eaten. I always have checked expiration dates but now check to see if products have been opened. :smash:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned long ago that our "modern" society is full of barbaric people but it still shocks me when I witness these things.

I will post pics later of a guy in Norman that makes me smh every time I see him cruisin' round town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom