Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wrote the Senator again. Hopefully he came here and looked at this, or will soon. I will continue to write and call until I get some kind of response, and post it here as soon as I do. If you live in district 30, and he helps with this, consider supporting him. If he does not, we will get a new one.

Thanks for everyone that helped by voting and offering their perspective and thoughts as well!

Keep it going, if you are so inclined!

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wrote the Senator again. Hopefully he came here and looked at this, or will soon. I will continue to write and call until I get some kind of response, and post it here as soon as I do. If you live in district 30, and he helps with this, consider supporting him. If he does not, we will get a new one.

Thanks for everyone that helped by voting and offering their perspective and thoughts as well!

Keep it going, if you are so inclined!

Good luck. Senator Holt received a B- rating from OK2A and reading his bio looks like he's working at being a career politician. Replacing him will require some work since he ran unopposed in 2014. You may not replace him but a close race in the next election could do wonders for his attitude. Have you attended local party meetings?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my position is not popular on this forum.

Most say it is financially motiviated. it is not, it is thru experience.

most of you are very knowledgeable about guns.

There are a great many people that know nothing about guns, grip, the power of a gun, what the bullet will penetrate, SAFETY, how to handle a gun, have any confidence with a gun, etc.

When training these people, i can tell you they are very unsafe and very, very unknowledegable about weapons.

I do not believe that spending 6-8 hours hours to learn 1. when you can use a gun for self defense 2. how to operate a gun 3. how to shoot a gun and not point it at another person.

when i ask a majority of people what it is called when you shoot at an attacker and miss him and kill an innoncent person, they say 'oooops'. they have to be taught it is man-slaughter.

most students believe that they will shoot the gun out the attackers hand, shoot the bad guy in the leg or hand to wound them, etc.

to sum it up, i want the non-gun people to be trained just a little bit.
I want people to know that they cannot pull a gun and point it at someone because they want to.

I have been told in class:
1. I will kill anyone that steps onto my property
2. i will kill anyone that comes into my back yard,
3. i will kill anyone that takes my purse even if they are running from me
4. i will kill anyone on my roof (i still do not undertand that one)
5. anytime anyone drives up my drive way, i am walking up to their car with a gun in my hand pointed at them so i have the advantage.
6. I have taught all of my children to have gun in their hand when anyone comes on our front porch and haved it pointed at them when they answer the door, after all, this is my property.
7. i will not kill someone, just shoot the gun out of their hand.
8. when someone is actively trying to kill me, i do not want to take their life, i will just wound them.
9. i have had this gun 20 years, and never known how to lock the slide back.
10. what are sights?
11. why can i not hit the target? it is right in front of me. oh, do i need to use the sights on the gun.
12. when someone takes my billfold and is running away, when can i kill them.
13. 'stand my ground' means that i never back down from anything, right.
14. 'oh, you mean the bullet goes down the barrell, i wondered what killed people'.
15. i will kill anyone that breaks into my house, even if they are running out of my house when i see them.
16. all is needed to pull my gun and kill someone, is if i feel threatened.
17. I was told the other day by a lady - i had to point my .40 at a guy the other day because he was cursing at me. I said was he attacking you, no he was sitting in his car and cursing at me. so i have to point my .40 at him and put him in his place. well mam you just committed a felonly, well he was cursing at me. mam you cannot point a gun at someone because he was yelling or cursing at you, well i have rights.
18. I have police power when i get my license, i can order people to halt or arrest them, after all i have my handgun license.
19. what are calibers? you mean some calibers/guns have more of a change to stop the bad guy than others, i thought all guns were alike.
20. so you are telling me that a .45 is more powerful than a .22

the list goes on.

if you believe you are better off if these people do NOT recieve training, that is your right. If you have recieved you handgun lic, then why would you not want others to take the course and get training?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are a great many people that know nothing about guns, grip, the power of a gun, what the bullet will penetrate, SAFETY, how to handle a gun, have any confidence with a gun, etc.

When training these people, i can tell you they are very unsafe and very, very unknowledegable about weapons.

I do not believe that spending 6-8 hours hours to learn 1. when you can use a gun for self defense 2. how to operate a gun 3. how to shoot a gun and not point it at another person.

when i ask a majority of people what it is called when you shoot at an attacker and miss him and kill an innoncent person, they say 'oooops'. they have to be taught it is man-slaughter.

most students believe that they will shoot the gun out the attackers hand, shoot the bad guy in the leg or hand to wound them, etc.

I want people to know that they cannot pull a gun and point it at someone because they want to.

5. anytime anyone drives up my drive way, i am walking up to their car with a gun in my hand pointed at them so i have the advantage.
6. I have taught all of my children to have gun in their hand when anyone comes on our front porch and haved it pointed at them when they answer the door, after all, this is my property.
8. when someone is actively trying to kill me, i do not want to take their life, i will just wound them.
10. what are sights?
11. why can i not hit the target? it is right in front of me. oh, do i need to use the sights on the gun.
14. 'oh, you mean the bullet goes down the barrell, i wondered what killed people'.
15. i will kill anyone that breaks into my house, even if they are running out of my house when i see them.
17. I was told the other day by a lady - i had to point my .40 at a guy the other day because he was cursing at me. I said was he attacking you, no he was sitting in his car and cursing at me. so i have to point my .40 at him and put him in his place. well mam you just committed a felonly, well he was cursing at me. mam you cannot point a gun at someone because he was yelling or cursing at you, well i have rights.
18. I have police power when i get my license, i can order people to halt or arrest them, after all i have my handgun license.
19. what are calibers? you mean some calibers/guns have more of a change to stop the bad guy than others, i thought all guns were alike.

the list goes on.

if you believe you are better off if these people do NOT recieve training, that is your right. If you have recieved you handgun lic, then why would you not want others to take the course and get training?

How do you explain the absence of problems in states that have Constitutional Carry, or no training requirements for their permits?

As for your last question, I've already answered it quite well. See post #18.

If you're dead set on people getting training for exercising a Constitutional Right, are you willing to provide training for free? If not, are you ready to be taxed so the government can offer it for free?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nobody has said people shouldn't get training... it should not be required. for one, the state minimum is ridiculous, and 8 hours is a joke anyway. for another, the requirement is absolutely unconstitutional. it basically denies the poor their God given right to self defense.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

10. what are sights?
20. so you are telling me that a .45 is more powerful than a .22

the list goes on.

I would have to agree that these people exist. I don't believe the ignorance of others should be a burden on me however.

I see a lot of "Hollywood" in the examples you've provided. I wish we could pressure Hollywood into portraying actual safe firearms handling. How many times have we seen an actor put a semi auto pistol in their waistband without a holster to cover the trigger. Many of the accidents I hear about and then are exploited by the media can be prevented by just observing safe firearms handling. How many times have we seen someone pull a gun out of safe, almost never.

Monkey see monkey do

As I've said before, I think volunteers could cover free gun safety training. I think people would attend if we could get the local media to cover the classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom