Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we stood about 5 feet from the target, and didn't go through 50 rounds. there was a woman who couldn't works the slide on her pistol, a buckmark, i think, so they "helped" her.

all the licensing requirements do is makes it more difficult for the poor to legally carry.
constitutional carry would be a nice start to restoring our freedoms.

Like button this also

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do I think the minimum level of training a responsible person should be willing to VOLUNTARILY obtain in order to ensure the SAFE and EFFECTIVE protection of themselves and their loved ones?

Basic handgun safety

Basic handgun marksmanship

Basic legal training on the lawful use of a firearm for self-defense

I don't see how anyone could reasonably dispute that. The NRA and NSSF offer good basic safety and marksmanship programs. The state could set up a free online training program for the law part.

if your for training prior to carry then why not training to even buy the gun in the first place? No training required just like buying a gun and yes the right to carry it without having to give the State your money. Just my opinion. Ricky

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if your for training prior to carry then why not training to even buy the gun in the first place? No training required just like buying a gun and yes the right to carry it without having to give the State your money. Just my opinion. Ricky

He stated that the training should be voluntary and that any training related to the legal portion, when offered by the state, should be free. Nowhere in his post does he make the case for compulsory training of any kind.

The funny thing is that, as an NRA Instructor, I have access to others across the country. Many of those are in states with Constitutional Carry, some of whom have made that change fairly recently. You know what happened? People who were previously REQUIRED to take an NRA course (or some other) to obtain a license now take that training WILLINGLY. That's right: Many of those Instructors have seen little to no drop in enrollment in their courses, despite them no longer being required. Are people going to carry untrained? Hell yes. They do already. If polled and answering honestly, I would wager that more than 85% of the members of this forum have attended fewer than 3 formal classes of any kind since obtaining a HGL and the SDA course not included. Of those, probably that percentage again would claim "0" formal courses. Again, if answering honestly.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He stated that the training should be voluntary and that any training related to the legal portion, when offered by the state, should be free. Nowhere in his post does he make the case for compulsory training of any kind.

The funny thing is that, as an NRA Instructor, I have access to others across the country. Many of those are in states with Constitutional Carry, some of whom have made that change fairly recently. You know what happened? People who were previously REQUIRED to take an NRA course (or some other) to obtain a license now take that training WILLINGLY. That's right: Many of those Instructors have seen little to no drop in enrollment in their courses, despite them no longer being required. Are people going to carry untrained? Hell yes. They do already. If polled and answering honestly, I would wager that more than 85% of the members of this forum have attended fewer than 3 formal classes of any kind since obtaining a HGL and the SDA course not included. Of those, probably that percentage again would claim "0" formal courses. Again, if answering honestly.

I would argue that a basic class isnt needed if you grew up with a dad like mine with guns hunting at an early age. I dont know tacticool stuff but I damn sure know how to hangle a weapon safely and use it effectively. So yeah, I'm one of those 85%ers. Only one class and Dads class.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I AM for training prior to even handling a gun, much less owning or carrying one! Are you not???

I would argue that a basic class isnt needed if you grew up with a dad like mine with guns hunting at an early age. I dont know tacticool stuff but I damn sure know how to hangle a weapon safely and use it effectively. So yeah, I'm one of those 85%ers. Only one class and Dads class.

While I've mentioned some organized resources for receiving training, I've never specified what should be considered legitimate vs. non-legitimate training. Training is training, regardless of the source providing it.

I handled firearms safely and moderately proficiently after receiving training from my dad & uncles. I handled firearms MORE safely after taking the ODWC Hunter's Safety Course. Even more so after completing NRA Pistol & Personal Protection Instructor courses. And so on and so forth.

I would never support making firearms training mandatory in order to exercise one's 2nd Amendment right to keep AND bear arms. I've never said it, typed it or communicated it in any way. Being a strong proponent for firearms training and believing it should be mandatory are mutually exclusive concepts in my book.

I fail to see how anyone could confuse my comments on the matter. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom