Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this is not being taken care of in most homes these days, gun handling safety, gun operation safety, and gun operating proficiency ought to be taught in school at the appropriate levels of maturity/age. This, however, should not, nor can it be, a prerequisite to owning and bearing arms. This is my opinion.

The difference between being annoyed and being in a life threatening situation needs to be taught as well.

Woody

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you explain the absence of problems in states that have Constitutional Carry, or no training requirements for their permits?

As for your last question, I've already answered it quite well. See post #18.

If you're dead set on people getting training for exercising a Constitutional Right, are you willing to provide training for free? If not, are you ready to be taxed so the government can offer it for free?

Are you willing to work for free?

As for number 1, i believe it is a small price for people to receive training, especially non-gun people. It keeps us all safe.

'A constitutional right' is great but lets not but people needlessly at risk when we can avoid it.

Last edited:

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It keeps us all safe.

'A constitutional right' is great but lets not but people needlessly at risk when we can avoid it.

Those rights, boy. Sure, they're great, but "safety".

You keep your "safety", I'll take my dangerous Liberty.

Remember boys, girls and Bruce Jenner:Safety and security are almost always synonymous with "illusion".

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When it comes down to it, it wouldn't change my mind even if unlicensed/untrained gun owners caused a little mayhem from time to time... it would be better than having the very entity that we most need to protect ourselves from being able to regulate and place conditions on our ability to protect ourselves and our liberties. Gun control is the fox guarding the henhouse.

This "entity" you speak of, what does it look like? Is it male or female? Black, white, red, yellow?

It's extremely obvious that cognitive dissonance is widespread. People petitioning a paper fiction to exercise a birthright bestowed by the Creator. That anyone even does this is indicative that they have rejected that birthright from the Creator (in essence rejecting the Creator) for the privileges a non-existent fiction bestows. Intellectual and philosophical emptiness is the norm in part because most everyone goes to these places of education that are called public schools and are indoctrinated from an early age. Pathetically sad that someone would even approach a paper fiction to exercise a birthright and put up a poll attempting to garner support from some politician who without question is a self serving tool.

Plato's Cave must appeal because it's so hot outside lately. I'm sure the shadows are entertaining for ya'll.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As for number 1, i believe it is a small price for people to receive training, especially non-gun people. It keeps us all safe.

Well, yes. I already do. I am a Scout leader. One of the things that we do in our troop, is teach boys to safely handle firearms. Also how to cook. Also how to budget their money. Also how to be a good, productive citizen. Also how to help others, and give back to the community. Your community is made up of what people in it PUT back in to it.

Want a good community? Volunteer. It's a small price to pay.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes. As a reserve deputy, I've worked many hours of community service for free. As a volunteer IDPA Safety Officer Instructor, Safety Officer and match official in other capacities, I've put in countless hours of hard work on the range for no pay. I've also held shooting clinics and coached a shooting team, for free.

If you REALLY care, it's what you do. :)

BTW, putting 'A constitutional right' in quotation marks says more about your position than pretty much everything else you've written. I think we all get where you're coming from. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This "entity" you speak of, what does it look like? Is it male or female? Black, white, red, yellow?

It's extremely obvious that cognitive dissonance is widespread. People petitioning a paper fiction to exercise a birthright bestowed by the Creator. That anyone even does this is indicative that they have rejected that birthright from the Creator (in essence rejecting the Creator) for the privileges a non-existent fiction bestows. Intellectual and philosophical emptiness is the norm in part because most everyone goes to these places of education that are called public schools and are indoctrinated from an early age. Pathetically sad that someone would even approach a paper fiction to exercise a birthright and put up a poll attempting to garner support from some politician who without question is a self serving tool.

Plato's Cave must appeal because it's so hot outside lately. I'm sure the shadows are entertaining for ya'll.

I have a question. What does tedious look like? :rolleyes2

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@sm, i'd imagine henshman is referring to the belief in that entity, and those who would enforce that fiction...

long as it can have you murdered, kidnapped, bankrupted and imprisoned, it may as well be real.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Put away the thesaurus and when you return to reality, please rejoin the conversation.

Big words and phrases don't make your argument better, just harder to understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom