Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for teaching firearms in school. I think about junior high they should have a class in self defense, including all forms of defense. Shooting .22s would come in here.
Of course they won't get super proficient and any one of the defensive arts, but just giving them the concept that we have a right to defend ourselves is important.
Further courses in different defense disciplines could be offered in later years of school.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That "expose'" is probably the one they did about the non-resident licenses which only require a safety course and have no shooting requirement. Some of those you can do online, others have to be done in person, while many have other qualifiers besides the safety class. They "exposed" the fact that OK recognizes those licenses, as well they should. While still restrictive and cumbersome to obtain, they are (in many cases) far less so than the OK HGL.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My concealed carry course didn't teach safe firearms handling.
Mine did. It was very rudimentary (e.g, it taught you what I would consider basic handgun etiquette (like handing a handgun to someone else butt-first with the slide locked back or the cylinder open) and the four basic rules of firearm safety), but it was included. This would've been right after the SDA went into effect, so I can't tell you what has happened in the intervening decade and a half.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is. If you can not hit the target, you wont pass. Of course they work with this individuals to make sure they can hit it before they are done.
You don't have to hit the target to pass, as the shooting is not scored; if you don't, the instructor may very well fail you, but that's the instructor's discretion.

If you can't hit the target at the distances used, you probably ought not be carrying...or driving, for that matter. You should damn near have powder burns on the target at the SDA distances, which are "point blank" and "point blank with a lean." Basically, it's a safety drill, not a marksmanship drill--if you don't shoot yourself, any of the other students, or the instructor, your chances of passing are pretty damn good.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to hit the target to pass, as the shooting is not scored; if you don't, the instructor may very well fail you, but that's the instructor's discretion.

If you can't hit the target at the distances used, you probably ought not be carrying...or driving, for that matter. You should damn near have powder burns on the target at the SDA distances, which are "point blank" and "point blank with a lean." Basically, it's a safety drill, not a marksmanship drill--if you don't shoot yourself, any of the other students, or the instructor, your chances of passing are pretty damn good.
Well when I took the class at HH, there was one woman who rented a .22 semi auto and could not hit the target. I asked one of the instructors if she was going to pass and he said we'll work with her until she can pass. Meaning to me that she "could" fail if she could not improve.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we stood about 5 feet from the target, and didn't go through 50 rounds. there was a woman who couldn't works the slide on her pistol, a buckmark, i think, so they "helped" her.

all the licensing requirements do is makes it more difficult for the poor to legally carry.
constitutional carry would be a nice start to restoring our freedoms.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class is a joke. A training requirement is fine as long as everyone gets training to use their freedom of speech or religion. I should not have to do anything to exercise my god given rights. I don't even like the background checks to buy a gun, when the liberals raise hell about having to show a photo ID to vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom