Does anyone here frequent Outdoor America on n. MacAuthur in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found out about this store in OKC.

How are their prices and service?

Do they have a gunsmith and a range?

In general what kind of store is this?

Thanks

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will get mixed reviews here about service. No range. I have always thought there prices were competitive if not better. I am receive the firefighter/police discount on some items. I am a customer that doesn't go into a gun store to visit. I have usually researched a gun before going shopping. If I go in to make a purchase, I will ask first associate I see to look at said gun or guns. Works great for me. I have purchased a few guns there, latest would have been probably 3 years ago. They do have a gunsmith. I had night sights installed free of charge on a Glock that I purchased there. (The install was free.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The prices I've seen in there are not outrageous.

I don't know if it was a onetime deal or what, but I took a German einhand pistol in for the gunsmith to look at. (basic blowback design), and he called me to say it could not be fixed, so I had to drive 135 miles to pick it up. I got on line with Numerich.com and saw a schematic of the gun and fixed it myself. Should have done that before dropping it off.
That was a few years ago. They may have a new gunsmith that knows someting now.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their prices are generally better than retail outlets in town. On guns they're typically 10% under H&H. They are a no frills kind of store with a pretty good inventory of guns. Service is hit or miss. They have a gunsmith on duty but oleyeller on this forum has a great reputation and H&H would also likely be a better option. H&H is also the place to go for the nearest range.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices are okay. Much better than H&H. Don't care for their overall customer attitude. They act like they are doing you a favor. That includes the gunsmith. I tolerate it, but I can't figure out how they have stayed in business so long with their crappy attitude.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Service sucks. I feel like a black man in cowboy bar every time I walk in there and Im pretty white. Once I was in a hurry and got tired of waiting to be asked if I needed help, walked behind the counter and helped myself. No one even noticed. Walked to the cashier to pay, guy was eating chicken and had chicken bones all over the counter, his face was covered in grease and fat as can be. A red Neck store if you ask me. I rather pay more and get little better service from H&H.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found out about this store in OKC.

How are their prices and service?

Do they have a gunsmith and a range?

In general what kind of store is this?

Thanks

Prices good, service sucks. Never heard anything good about their 'smith. Use Franson Firearms, or Accurate Iron or any of the other recommded guys on this board depending on your location. R&S in Moore is good as well. No range. Stock at Outdoor America can be iffy.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been in their store only once and will never go back....Their inventory was good and their prices were good but what will keep me out is their staff. I was in there looking at guns while a clerk was waiting on another customer down the counter. The customer asked to see a gun and then asked if he could dry fire the weapon. I don't have a problem with him dry firing the weapon but when I turned to look I saw that the customer had the gun pointed at me as he was doing his dry fire. I asked the customer to please point the gun in a diffrent direction and he just looked at me like I was an idiot...I when he did not point the gun away from me I looked at the cleark and the clerk said, "It's ok man its not loaded." I promptly turned around and left the store to never return and will never return.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in there knowing exactly what I wanted with a wad of cash to pay for it. Evidently the wad of cash wasn't as important as the BS session going on. One phone call and 15 minutes later, Gene Sears had that wad of cash.

A simple "I'll be right with you" would have kept that wad of cash in their store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom