Does anyone here frequent Outdoor America on n. MacAuthur in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll buy from OAS before H&H every single time. The guys there are good to me but like others have said they don't get in a hurry for anyone. I have found that if you make eye contact quickly, speak nicely and make sure they know you are not window-shopping the service is better. Well, that and I know Chris ... I go looking for Chris every single time I go in there. If you ask for Chris tell him Patti sent you.

I'm in H&H a lot more (range membership) but I don't spend money there. The range membership pays for itself and then some you shoot once a month. We shoot a lot more than that ... Nothing like getting to shoot for free!

As far are gunsmiths go I'd get with Franson Firearms if I were you. Don is WELL worth any travel or wait time you might incur.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately, OAS has made more people into H&H converts than the other way around. Service is crap and if you're a stranger and not one of the regulars, they'll definitely make you feel like it.

Had a friend recently walk in there to buy a handgun and basically turned right around and went back to H&H and bought a gun there even though it was more expensive, due to the crappy attitude and lack of service at OAS.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OAS is OK if you know what you want so you can help yourself. I've shopped with them for years, anyone remember when they were up the street in the strip mall on the east side just south of 23rd? But, their customer service sucks. (Which paid off for me. The last time I was there, there was a guy trying to sell them a gun and they blew him off. I bought the gun in the parking lot from the guy!!!) H&H has a better selection, ad don't forget SportsWorld in Tulsa.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was last in there about 6 mo ago, and their reloading supplies was almost nil, due to the fire marshall declaring they could no longer carry powders, etc, due to lack of a sprinkler system (and the building is old, Fred didn't wanna spend the $ to install one). I'm done buying weaponry, but glancing at their stock, believe their prices are still the best in the area.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought two handguns in there. Ordered my Dan Wesson CBOB through them a few years back. I stopped in there a few months back to pick up a Glock 29. The one they had was in the "Police Only" section. They wouldn't sell me the gun. I figure if my money isn't good enough for them, I'll give it to somebody else. I understand "police discount", nothing wrong with that. I'm thinking take the gun out of the case, sell it to this man without the "police discount" and get another one into inventory. He didn't see it that way. I can't say I'll never go back, but I'll try to resist the temptation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom