Does this mean new Cold War?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Returning to the original thread title, the cold war will only be on the part of the US. Russia will ignore the US as it behaves like a petulant child, seeking to have the world work for it and it's pleasures. Hedgemony. Russia will continue to build relationships with other nations, primarily China and India. They will all eventually dump the dollar. Europe is caught between the two thought t's proximity to Russia and it's dependence on Russian energy will eventually cause them to move towards aligning with Russia.

In the end the US will be isolated from the rest of the world by it's own arrogance. Nobody can endure a spoiled child for long. That is what the US has become. Unfortunately the insane politicians won't heed the advice of Jefferson and his admonition on entangling alliances. And it's the regular Joe who ends up suffering.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course they did. Hedgemony requires it.

The people of Crimea voted for their self determination. After gaining their independence they then voted to rejoin Russia.

Catolonia in Spain is attempting the same thing. The thirteen colonies did it as well. Hypocritical for the US government to say anything that attempts to stop people from choosing freedom and self determination.
If the US ended up in a civil war the only thing I see happening is the world all grabbing for the popcorn while they watch and wait for the results then try to come in and take over what's left.

We won our freedom from Britain that way, why not let the other countries around the world sort out their own internal issues.

IF they directly threaten us then we kick their butts, but this occupy crap is a joke. Take restitutions and let them rebuild on their own.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Returning to the original thread title, the cold war will only be on the part of the US. Russia will ignore the US as it behaves like a petulant child, seeking to have the world work for it and it's pleasures. Hedgemony. Russia will continue to build relationships with other nations, primarily China and India. They will all eventually dump the dollar. Europe is caught between the two thought t's proximity to Russia and it's dependence on Russian energy will eventually cause them to move towards aligning with Russia.

In the end the US will be isolated from the rest of the world by it's own arrogance. Nobody can endure a spoiled child for long. That is what the US has become. Unfortunately the insane politicians won't heed the advice of Jefferson and his admonition on entangling alliances. And it's the regular Joe who ends up suffering.

I believe there is a large majority of Americans who do not understand the petrodollar. There have been leaders of other countries who made moves against it, and were removed. The literal chaos that will occur if/when the dollar loses the reserve status it now enjoys. If anything similar to the Weimar occurs it would literally be the end of more than the U.S. imagine waking up to find your entire pension/savings would not buy a car much less support you throughout your retirement. To lose your retirement would be painful, but your biggest concern would be eating/survival. I don't know how long the bankers who own our country can continue, but if the current and former presidents spent more than all previous presidents combined I would say the end of free money is close.

image.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe there is a large majority of Americans who do not understand the petrodollar. There have been leaders of other countries who made moves against it, and were removed. The literal chaos that will occur if/when the dollar loses the reserve status it now enjoys. If anything similar to the Weimar occurs it would literally be the end of more than the U.S. imagine waking up to find your entire pension/savings would not buy a car much less support you throughout your retirement. To lose your retirement would be painful, but your biggest concern would be eating/survival. I don't know how long the bankers who own our country can continue, but if the current and former presidents spent more than all previous presidents combined I would say the end of free money is close.

View attachment 44275

Yep, someday- and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet - Americans will understand why paper money is just paper. But, hey - most have lost sight of the ideas that the Founders set forth about Liberty.
Being economically sound is a basic requirement for independence, whether it's a 17 year old kid wanting his own rules, a family, or a country. Only difference is in scale.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are 16 year olds still required to sign up for the draft, even though we don't have one?
It was a few years back, but my kids had to sign up in HS.
Draft, no, sixteen year olds, no. Males between eighteen and twenty-five do have to register with the Selective Service, though.

But it's not a draft. I doubt that we have the will to re-institute a draft, or the leaders like Marshall who had enough foresight to see WWII coming and call for it before it was actually needed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Draft, no, sixteen year olds, no. Males between eighteen and twenty-five do have to register with the Selective Service, though.

But it's not a draft. I doubt that we have the will to re-institute a draft, or the leaders like Marshall who had enough foresight to see WWII coming and call for it before it was actually needed.

Yeah, I should have said selective service, not draft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom