Dogs and Rattlesnakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc called about 8am this morning. He said Rooster did much better overnight than he expected and was in good shape this morning. He needs to keep him on fluids thru the morning then we can bring him home early this afternoon. Great news!

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Rooster.

1725370680027.jpeg

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc called about 8am this morning. He said Rooster did much better overnight than he expected and was in good shape this morning. He needs to keep him on fluids thru the morning then we can bring him home early this afternoon. Great news!

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Rooster.

View attachment 507849
Handsome pup. I hope he's back on his feet soon.

Preemptive trapping might be in order.

Minnow trap from Bass Pro, with an egg, or frog if you can find one inside. Set it where you know snakes live.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started looking into traps yesterday evening. I've never tried to trap a snake (or anything else) before. Thanks for the tip!

I’ve had good luck trapping snakes in the chicken coop using garden netting. Put some of the netting between where the snake might be and what he wants ( an egg). He will worm his way thru the netting a get caught. I came up with this idea outside the chicken nest boxes.
Works on rat snakes. Have yet to catch a rattler

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the “rattlesnake vaccine” for dogs? I have a friend who has a place in the Wichita Mountains, and lives there on and off year round. She started vaccinating her dogs a few years ago and SHE seems to think it’s worth it..dog will still have symptoms, but not likely to die or need Vet care…

Attachments

• IMG_1810.png
    IMG_1810.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 0

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the “rattlesnake vaccine” for dogs? I have a friend who has a place in the Wichita Mountains, and lives there on and off year round. She started vaccinating her dogs a few years ago and SHE seems to think it’s worth it..dog will still have symptoms, but not likely to die or need Vet care…
Didn't know that was a thing, good info. I'll have to ask the vet next time we visit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom