Dove Shooting Season Is Coming Up! Which Gun you use!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which auto-loader do you use for dove hunting, if o/u choose other then explain in po

• Remington

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Browning

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Winchester

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Benelli

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just want a dependable shotgun that will last you the rest of your life, buy a Remington 870 Wingmaster. The expresses are good, but the high polish blued wingmasters are excellent. If you're trying to impress somebody, listen to the other morons crap.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta Arika AL391 12 guage with a 26" barrel. Handles recoil very well, handles great, will shoot heavy as well as light without trouble.

I have a sling on it which I like and use a lot.

dove are fast and i like a 26" barrel vs. anything longer, some guys do OK with a 24" but i don't.

although i shoot o/u in skeet, trap, and sporting clays (a little) i like the less recoil of an semi-auto for dove. For pheasant i use a 12 guage o/u. even with a heavier load i don't seem to even notice it but with dove i do notice recoil.

On the Beretta 391, when i shoot three shells and it locks open, i can put one shell in the chamber hit a round button on the right side of the receive to shut the chamber and be ready to go in very little time. then i can put two more shells in the magazine either standing still or walking, all this without ever taking my eyes off of the birds or sky.

The 1100, 1187, Wingmasters, mossys, are great guns also. I favor the 870 wingmaster vs. the 870 express. They just seem like different guns to me. I know the express is a very heavy gun which i don't like for dove.

as far as shells go, nothing scientific here. just buy the dove loads on sale (if you can find them) in 7 1/2 or 8 and go for it. They use to be $3 to $4.50 right before season. hopefully someone will reduce the price this year.

If money is a concern, a used 1100 or 1187 with screw in chokes are hard to beat in my book.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just want a dependable shotgun that will last you the rest of your life, buy a Remington 870 Wingmaster. The expresses are good, but the high polish blued wingmasters are excellent. If you're trying to impress somebody, listen to the other morons crap.

I'm confused. Are you saying that everyone that didn't say Remington 870 is a moron?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you saying that everyone that didn't say Remington 870 is a moron?

this moron will be shooting this Weatherby

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P8150005.jpg

Or maybe this piece of crap Sweet 16

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_PC150306.jpg

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 1100 12 gauge. Semi Autos are awesome because you can follow up faster for your next shot because the action takes alot of the recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom