Dove Shooting Season Is Coming Up! Which Gun you use!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which auto-loader do you use for dove hunting, if o/u choose other then explain in po

• Remington

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Browning

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Winchester

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Benelli

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is circa 1982. I have had it since 1988, my Grandpa gave it to me. he bought it new, shot it a few times, but set it in the closet until I turned 16.

It has taken its fair share of birds. This fall it will take some more, and hopefully I get to pheasant hunt in Kansas.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They made a wingmaster 16 a few years ago, I have an north American hunter magazine with an advertisement for one in it from 2005

I bought one of those and then sold it. It was built on a 12 gauge frame and was just as heavy as a 12 Gauge.

My Wingmaster is light and a pleasure to carry and shoot. I also reload for my 16 gauge. Shells are to dang high.

ce1447

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be the first year I will be using my Benelli Super Nova for dove. Should be interesting considering I am use to shooting semi-autos at them. We will see if I can keep up with the rest of the group. If not, might have to put the Benelli back up until duck season.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: Dove Shooting Season Is Coming Up! Which Gun you use!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what is the big difference in the 1100 and the 1187?

Well, i am sure there are a lot who know a lot more than i do. i have never owned a 1187 but have owned and do own one 1100.

Here goes. the 1100 only had 2 3/4. the 1187 went to 3 and i think 3.5 inch. some 1100 were fixed choke, just depended on when you bought them, and some were screw in. i think but the time 1187 were released they all had screw in chokes.

maybe someone can tell me if the 1187 has a little different gas system, piston, etc. than the 1100.

as far as shooting, working, and dependability my knowledge is they are about the same, pretty good for the money.

like i said, i am sure people know a lot more than me but the 2 3/4 to 3" was the big thing i have been told.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't believe I am the first here to say I am going to be using a Browning BPS 12 guage, with Imp. Mod. choke.

I also have a 20 guage side by side I may take out for one day, but the first day will be with the BPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom