durable dog toys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about the red rubber Kong toys.
We have a black Lab that loves to play tug-of-war with us with his red rubber Kong bone.
We've been playing with it every day for the two years we've had him and the toy shows very few signs of wear.
Ropes, on the other hand, have lasted for a maximum of two days! I got him a piece of 1-1/4" synthetic rope once. I cut it about a foot long, and whipped the ends to keep it from un-ravelling.It lasted about 15 minutes before he had it completely un-ravelled!
Rick W

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give my Doberman the large black Kong toys. The black ones are harder than the red ones. I throw them away when he's chewed off the top 2 tiers. It's a 3 tier toy. They are $25-30 and usually last about 3 weeks with the toy staying inside and him staying outside during the day (weather pending). When it's cold and he stays inside during the day, they don't last as long. Here's the toy he got for Christmas with the old toy that's getting tossed and the toy eater.

Attachments

• doberman 063.jpg
    doberman 063.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 62
  • doberman 066.jpg
    doberman 066.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through horse balls, etc with our American Bulldog. This is what you are looking for.

http://www.unbreakoball.com

He loves it and it will not wear out.

Thanks for the link, My dog destroys reinforced nylon toys in minutes LOL She has a kong but its not exciting enough for her I guess? One of her favorite things is just a plastic water bottle that I put some kibble in and flatten she has to work to get it out It doesn't take long and sometimes she just chews it open but for the most part she enjoys tossing it up in the air so treats fall out. I've thought about some interactive puzzle/treat toys...

I just ordered her a 10" ball, we'll see how it goes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom