durable dog toys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kong toys last for a while, the rubber balls from Wal Mart have lasted forever for some reason and the nylon bones. My dog would have a rawhide bone destroyed a few hours. I switched to the nylon and they last for months.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to have to go walk in the woods and look for antlers because Im not paying the prices they want for a 6" or less piece! My dog would swallow that. She once swallowed a de-stuffed racoon toy because we were playing chase keep away and we caught her! She was like "You'll NEVER get the racoon!!!" We got the last laugh with hydrogen peroxide a few minutes later hahahaha!

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have a scottie/westie mix , she can destroy a soccer ball in 5 minutes. dog is all mouth i believe. elk antler is harder than deer and is the only thing we found she cant destroy.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a half pit half lab. He seems to destroy everything. His favorite toy which he seems to not be able to destroy is a rubber chiken that we purchased at Wal-Mart. It is purple in color and is a squeeky toy. The thing cost like $7 which I thought was high for a rubber toy. The tag said it is made with a rubber that is difficult for dogs to destroy and it seems to live up to its claim. My sister's dog has the same toy and also seems to favor it over all others.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a drahthaar (German) that loves to play tug-war.

About the only toys he plays with are the ropes with knots in them. He does not get to play with them while unattended because he will cut them in half like a pair of scissors.

I do have access to a lot of 2" tow straps that I cut up and tie into loops about 18" long. It takes him longer to destroy and it gives me an easier handle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only toys that my dog hasn't destroyed are the Kong Wubbas

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_02_egeduzyh.jpg

Those last less than 10mins at my house. They'll have the ball ripped out in no time.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kong toys (more expensive at Pet Smart but if you save the receipt you can trade out any torn toys for new ones).

Also get a Jolly Egg. I would be surprised if you dog is ever able to actually bite it. Google videos of them.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also get a Jolly Egg. I would be surprised if you dog is ever able to actually bite it. Google videos of them.

My dogs would lose interest in a toy they couldn't bite; I had a large hollow plastic ball, about the size of a soccer ball, that's used to keep livestock amused. I filled it partway with water, and let the dogs have at it. After a few minutes of pawing at it, biting it, and nosing it around, they left it and went back to their Kong and rope toys.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW!!! no one recommended my pit's favorite free toy.
Easy to make_____ Old tire and a serrated small steak knife will be needed.

Cut the side wall out of the tire where it turns to meet up with the tread about 1" down from the tread.
Fun toy, not recommended for inside unless it is a small tire.

My Witherspoon Colby line of pits i raised would eat complete deer heads jaw bones, antlers and teeth all gone in 3 days between the 2 dogs.. I would BBQ the other bones like legs, ribs and back then feed that to them..it would all disappear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom