Elon Musk is a bada$$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And how about that new pickup, they know all about you.
Exactly. I can pull up to a dealership, go into the service department, tell them my truck is missing and they can look up my name, and in about two minutes tell me which cylinder is missing and the probably cause.
Been there and done that in Bozeman Montana in 2021.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I can pull up to a dealership, go into the service department, tell them my truck is missing and they can look up my name, and in about two minutes tell me which cylinder is missing and the probably cause.
Been there and done that in Bozeman Montana in 2021.
They know so much more

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, until that ‘infinite robot sandwich’ glitches and starts throwing mayo all over the kitchen! 😂 Sure, robots might help with chores, but I’ve seen I, Robot—I don’t need my fridge plotting against me while I’m making toast
Couild be worse, you could live in Japan the land of smart toilets. Don't want my toilet to rebel or glitch out while doing my business.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with hydrogen is one of storage and transport. It's just too slippery a molecule and leaks like crazy due to its size. I think it will be a regional technology, for coastal cities that have large amounts of power nearby. You need the water and power to make the hydrogen. Nukes would be perfect, but the greenies would have an epileptic fit.
Another is the fact that it takes more electrical energy for the electrolysis needed to split the hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atoms from water than you get when burning the hydrogen atoms as fuel.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He keeps interesting company.

IMG_1762.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used hydrogen to cool the generators in our 1100-megawatt system. It's very dangerous in a way, but easy to detect.
If we got a leak in our instrumentation or one of the seals on the generator, it would instantly ignite.
Hydrogen doesn't need an ignition source, just atmospheric pressure to make a flame.
It has to remain under pressure to be safe.
We would open a door in an instrument cabinet that monitored hydrogen pressures to do some testing. If a small flame was present, we knew the fitting was leaking.
Conversely, if it were natural gas or methane, etc, the concentration would build up until an explosion would occur with outside ignition.

Cool. I didn't know that about hydrogen's penchant to ignite in the atmosphere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom