College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1728987535654.png

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think about this guys. You might have to read it twice to believe it. Here are some interesting stats from last Saturday.

Former OU running back Tawee Walker rushed for 198 yards and three touchdowns with Wisconsin — more than the Sooners backfield as a whole has rushed for since week one against Temple. Walker was not on scholarship with OU despite being its No. 2 rusher last season with 513 yards.

Former Sooners quarterback Dillon Gabriel threw for 212 yards in the first half of No. 3 Oregon’s win over No. 2 Ohio State. The Sooners’ quarterbacks have yet to throw for 200 yards in any of their six games.

Former offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby led the SEC’s second worst offense to 385 total yards and 31 points in Mississippi State’s loss to No. 5 Georgia.

Gabriel was presumed to not have a starting job regardless of if he stayed, and Walker left still having not received a scholarship.

Last year the OU offense finished as the No. 4 scoring offense nationally,

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Think about this guys. You might have to read it twice to believe it. Here are some interesting stats from last Saturday.

Former OU running back Tawee Walker rushed for 198 yards and three touchdowns with Wisconsin — more than the Sooners backfield as a whole has rushed for since week one against Temple. Walker was not on scholarship with OU despite being its No. 2 rusher last season with 513 yards.

Former Sooners quarterback Dillon Gabriel threw for 212 yards in the first half of No. 3 Oregon’s win over No. 2 Ohio State. The Sooners’ quarterbacks have yet to throw for 200 yards in any of their six games.

Former offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby led the SEC’s second worst offense to 385 total yards and 31 points in Mississippi State’s loss to No. 5 Georgia.

Gabriel was presumed to not have a starting job regardless of if he stayed, and Walker left still having not received a scholarship.

Last year the OU offense finished as the No. 4 scoring offense nationally,

Honestly, and not being that guy, but this was foreseeable. Too many changes, too much disarray with the entire program since the departure of Riley. Just haven't found the right mix of staff and players from top to bottom. Terribly bad timing to hop from the B12 to the SEC imo. Scoot Venables down the sidelines some, and make Heupel an offer he can't refuse. Outstanding defensive recruits will go play for anyone, offensive recruits won't imo. Could be a rough few years ahead, only one of the new SEC teams is making a statement, recruits will see that just like everyone else.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that Brent has been having the first team offense going against the first team defense and that’s why there are so many injuries. If that is true, he is an idiot and that needs to stop. Secondly, Seth Latrell is a horrible OC. That was a big mistake from the beginning.

I don’t think anything is gonna matter in the long run because of the NIL. I suggest folks look up teams like Alabama and Texas, and see what their players are getting payed, in regards, to OU. It ain’t even close. The NIL has ruined college football. The portal too.
Yeppers the money thing is just beginning to rear its ugly head. Big boys big money. ****or get off the pot.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see it taking some time for OU to get upright again. NIL has changed (and ruined) 'college' football completely. They need to get rid of any college requirement and just call it minor league nfl or whatever. More honest.

I wonder, if you make 100k a month while in school, do you still get a scholarship to cover your tuition? I'd like to see the expression on the kids face in class that is borrowing money to pay for school knowing the dude next to him makes a million a year and gets a free ride on top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom