Ergo F93 Pro VS Magpul UBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just getting started on my AR15 build and though i had it all laid out. I was completely sold on the Magpul UBR simply because of the static cheek weld, rock solid stability and high quality build. Wasn't thrilled about the price but willing to pay for quality.

Now I found the Ergo F93 pro stock (apparently this was previously made by Magpul as the M93 series)which has all the same features just without the battery compartment, "Magpul" name and slicked down looks. And its about $125 cheaper.

Now i'm an ex-soldier, "pretty" guns hold nothing for me. Expensive name brands don't mean crap to me. I go for quality and functionability (though sometimes these are name brand items, like Magpul). Plus i'm building a gun with combat not competition in mind. Since i can't find any comparitve articles or reviews, i'm asking you guys.

Out of the guys here that have shot both, how do you feel about them? Is the Magpul overwhelmingly more stable and smooth operating? Or are they close enough you would say the Ergo is a good buy?

I've actually handled and shouldered the UBR so i know i like it, but never saw an Ergo in person. To all the guys who maybe have shot the Ergo but not the Magpul, what is your impression? How would you rate it? If you didn't like it as far as function, why?

I really appreciate any info guys, thanks.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an F93. Its based loosely on the M93B, but its held on by a threaded (integrated) buffer tube and castle nut. I like it for the most part, but I wish someone would make QD plates for the sides, since the F93 has a place for two of them. A company just started making strike-plates for them, but Ergo seems really tight-lipped about releasing any sort of accessories that people are begging them for.

No recoil pad either unless you can find an M93 version - I've struck out so far which makes this stock unpleasant for use on a Shotgun - ARs aren't nearly as bad. Its not super-heavy to be honest - I like it for what it is, but I've not seriously tested it in the field yet (I'll probably drag it around while hunting this year at least once or twice and I usually manage to climb a tree and bang my rifle around to get it up in the tree with me).

Here's mine and some more info on what I thought of it:
http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81694&highlight=falcon

Latest posts

Top Bottom