Ersland petition..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first I believed Ersland was justified. After what I've read here and in the media, then watching the security camera videos I've changed my mind. When he went back and stuck 5 more rounds into the perp he went over the line. In my opinion. The video is what really convinced me.

Now, having said this, I'm not convinced he should get a murder 1 conviction and life. Manslaughter, yes. Maybe even aggravated murder (if that charge exists here).

The sad part is I do 100% believe if you are man enough to participate in an armed robbery and your victim kills you, well, you got what you had coming. Karma is a cast iron ***** sometimes. As has been repeated here ad nausium, Ersland should have just stopped right there. If the perp got back up, then deal with him. Ersland, with his actions and his words shot himself in the ass. In -MY- opinion.

This is an incredibly sad saga. Everybody loses with this one.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, your argument is basically that every crime must be video taped, or else you will doubt it?

Oh lawdy, how did we get convictions before these magical picture boxes?

That being said, I think he is guilty of manslaughter, not murder.

Please show me where I posted anywhere that every crime must be video taped? You cant I never have. I am referring to this one, in my view, reasonable doubt exists, and again, I would not convict someone if I have reasonable doubt.
Your view may be differant, hey thats fine.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is beginning to remind me of the Dave Chappelle episode where he is on the O.J. Simpson jury:

"C'mon man. What black person don't have some bloody gloves in his car? I got some right here."

Michael Brown

Wel you have your view, I have mine, holy crap, America how does it work..LOL

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not convinced he should get a murder 1 conviction and life. Manslaughter, yes. Maybe even aggravated murder (if that charge exists here).

The sad part is I do 100% believe if you are man enough to participate in an armed robbery and your victim kills you, well, you got what you had coming. Karma is a cast iron ***** sometimes. As has been repeated here ad nausium, Ersland should have just stopped right there. If the perp got back up, then deal with him. Ersland, with his actions and his words shot himself in the ass. In -MY- opinion.

This is an incredibly sad saga. Everybody loses with this one.

Agree exactly, not life in prison.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, maybe he was just trying to put the perp out of his misery when he went and got the second gun. NOT! I believe he was in a fit of rage when he fired the other rounds into the perp and that he had pre-determined in his mind prior to getting the second gun that there was no way in hell that the perp was ever going to live to rob and pillage another day. Mr Ersland had every right to protect himself and those around him, but once the threat was negated he had no right to then commit murder. Although I believe that murder one is too harsh a sentence for him I was not on the jury and thereby stand behind their decision. Maybe the judge will see it differently and maybe not. Just glad I'm not the one making those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom