Ersland petition..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody will have their differing opinions on the follow-up shots to the perp, but in my view, the STUPIDEST thing he did was running outside with bullets flying in the general direction of somebody that had already left the scene and was running away from him. Reckless vigilante-ism if you ask me.

I agree. He was wrong, but I have been in that position and would say that his mind may have not been thinking straight.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that prater made a tough case against him, and he proved himself to be a liar, but in the end, he was fairly represented, and found guilty by a jury of his peers.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Petition for executive clemency. The Governor can do it. Governors are politicians. They need votes.

It will be the best of all worlds. Those who are happy that he was convicted still have their jury trial conviction to help them feel righteous. Those who are happy that a POS thug is dead have their stinking corpse. Those who want to decorate Ersland can do it when he's pardoned.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Petition for executive clemency. The Governor can do it. Governors are politicians. They need votes.

It will be the best of all worlds. Those who are happy that he was convicted still have their jury trial conviction to help them feel righteous. Those who are happy that a POS thug is dead have their stinking corpse. Those who want to decorate Ersland can do it when he's pardoned.

Any action by the Governor would likely not happen quickly. So Box will still get the appeal gig and the boy's mother will still likely win her civil suit, "Everybody happy".

[Defense attorneys are expected in their appeal to focus on the trial judge's rulings against them. Ersland on Wednesday complained the trial was unfair because the judge barred testimony from other robbery victims about the stress they endured.
"That's what killed us was the witness deal," Ersland said Wednesday. "I had real good witnesses."

One of the barred witnesses was Chad Jones, a pharmacist in Chelsea, in far northeast Oklahoma. An armed robber wanting drugs beat Jones and an employee with a hammer in 2007. Jones, 34, said Friday he would have told the jury, "You don't know what you would do until you're in that situation."]

The verdict is making pharmacists uncertain, Jones said.
"I mean, what do we do now? How do we protect ourselves now?" Jones said. "What if someone were to come into our pharmacy? . Can we defend ourselves? No, because we may get murder one."

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...want-him-pardoned-appeal-starting-1400168.php

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish you would have been at my home during my home invasion. It would have been nice to have someone who can remain that cool while I was getting the hell beat out of me. I guess I was just a moron and fought for my life in a big blur of confusion.

He can say what He wants but until we are in situation like that none of us know what we would do !

Digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may have been a case that was simular to one that I served as a juror on. We were give two choices. If guilty, he got life, if not, he goes free. This is not right! He was guilty perhaps of overreacting but should he have been sentenced to life?? There should be more choices of punishment in cases such as this!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may have been a case that was simular to one that I served as a juror on. We were give two choices. If guilty, he got life, if not, he goes free. This is not right! He was guilty perhaps of overreacting but should he have been sentenced to life?? There should be more choices of punishment in cases such as this!

Jury had a choice. Manslaughter was also an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom