Ersland petition..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this totally backs up possibility downed thug was already dead when second set of shots was fired. thug never moved again after going down from first shot.

I'm still mystified why defense didn't point out that it's impossible to pin-point down time of death within seconds. which is exactly what ME was doing when she testified down thug was still alive when second set of shots was fired.

just because Ersland is a total scumbag and liar .... doesn't negate the fact that downed thug never moved again after going down from first shot. And it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done.

How do you know he did not move were you there ?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this totally backs up possibility downed thug was already dead when second set of shots was fired. thug never moved again after going down from first shot.

I'm still mystified why defense didn't point out that it's impossible to pin-point down time of death within seconds. which is exactly what ME was doing when she testified down thug was still alive when second set of shots was fired.

just because Ersland is a total scumbag and liar .... doesn't negate the fact that downed thug never moved again after going down from first shot. And it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done.

and you base this statement on what? FYI yes they can tell if the heart was still functioning when the last five shots where fired.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the point is, if he was moving then he was still a potential threat so the additional 5 shots would be justified.

And in contrast, if the first shot killed him and was justified, he would (or should) not have been convicted of murder. Either way, he should have been truthful from the beginning. In a situation like that, you can't go back and change your first statements and account of the events.

This is a great example of why to exercise your right to remain silent until you have had time to calm your nerves.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
blood evidence proved downed thug didn't move or it would have disturbed pooled blood

How do you know he did not move were you there ?

Tom Bevel proved from the blood evidence that he was not moving. Blood pooling around his head on the floor from passive flow blood from his wound....no way he could have been moving around in his blood without disturbing that. .

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the heart still beating and time of death are two different items.

downed thug had brain matter showing externally and never moved again after going down from first shot. he could have been easily brain dead with his heat still beating for 30 seconds afterwards.

the fact that Ersland is a lying scumbag ... still doesn't change the facts on the ground.

not a valid example, but every deer I've ever shot that dropped in it's tracks.... when I field dressed it, blood gushed out each and every time... proving heart was still beating after deer dropped.

have already posted multiple links and documents proving it's not possible to determine time of death within seconds. it's only possible to prove time of death with the broadest of strokes.

do a google search on "time of death" http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...th&pbx=1&fp=22b523e58d03e469&biw=1024&bih=696

it's not hard to find a wealth of information backing up my statement
"it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds"

and you base this statement on what? FYI yes they can tell if the heart was still functioning when the last five shots where fired.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not a valid example, but every deer I've ever shot that dropped in it's tracks.... when I field dressed it, blood gushed out each and every time... proving heart was still beating after deer dropped.

this also demonstrates that heart was beating when you shot it

if you had followed up with 5 more shots and each of those wounds had a half pint of blood in them, what would that tell you about the status of the deer circulatory system prior to the 5 additional shots?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the point is, if he was moving then he was still a potential threat so the additional 5 shots would be justified.

Since when is an individual justified in using deadly force against a potential threat? Everything and everybody is a potential threat. What was the kid going to do, throw a can of chili at Ersland?

Unarmed, shot in the head, bleeding on the floor = not a threat, unless you suspect the individual is wearing a suicide vest. I'm pretty sure that's not the case with most robbery suspects in OKC...yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom