Ersland petition..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I hope for all of you who feel the Ersland is guilty, never fire more than 1 round in a situation like Ersland found himself in.

JB, again, show me video proof that the thug was not moving, you cant, and again in my view, there is reasonable doubt.
As for Ersland running his mouth, I said from the get go, he should keep his yap shut.

Part of the thug was still moving, we do have proof of that.

TKR Reptiles

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wish you would have been at my home during my home invasion. It would have been nice to have someone who can remain that cool while I was getting the hell beat out of me. I guess I was just a moron and fought for my life in a big blur of confusion.

Your response makes absolutely no sense to the facts of the subject... Maybe you should think a little more before the next time you post...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may have been a case that was simular to one that I served as a juror on. We were give two choices. If guilty, he got life, if not, he goes free. This is not right! He was guilty perhaps of overreacting but should he have been sentenced to life?? There should be more choices of punishment in cases such as this!

As BB and BB both said, the judge provided them the option of finding Ersland guilty of Manslaughter instead of Murder.

In addition to that, the jury also has the ability to nullify.

Besides ALL of that... he hasn't been sentenced yet. The sentencing phase of the trial begins on June 11th and the judge has the ability to decide to implement the maximum sentence of life, a portion of that maximum or to completely suspend the sentence.

So... it's not over yet. He's been found guilty, the next step is to find out what his sentence will be.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As BB and BB both said, the judge provided them the option of finding Ersland guilty of Manslaughter instead of Murder.

Besides ALL of that... he hasn't been sentenced yet. The sentencing phase of the trial begins on June 11th and the judge has the ability to decide to implement the maximum sentence of life, a portion of that maximum or to completely suspend the sentence.

So... it's not over yet. He's been found guilty, the next step is to find out what his sentence will be.

Thank you, I have read most of this thread but am amazed at all the comments. Why all rushed to assume this or that I know not why but what you have just stated is so true. It ain't over until the fat lady sings, so to speak. This will go on for years. I started to reference another murder case in Ada years ago where two innocent men went to prison and later exonerated, but this holds no candle to that.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Waiting and getting all the facts before overreacting is not a virtue here so you should not be suprised.:anyone:

Michael Brown

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this totally backs up possibility downed thug was already dead when second set of shots was fired. thug never moved again after going down from first shot.

I'm still mystified why defense didn't point out that it's impossible to pin-point down time of death within seconds. which is exactly what ME was doing when she testified down thug was still alive when second set of shots was fired.

just because Ersland is a total scumbag and liar .... doesn't negate the fact that downed thug never moved again after going down from first shot. And it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done.

Tom Bevel proved from the blood evidence that he was not moving. Blood pooling around his head on the floor from passive flow blood from his wound....no way he could have been moving around in his blood without disturbing that. The pharmacist lied in his interview, lied in a letter to OSBI (contradicting the story he gave the Homicide Detectives), lied in a letter to the media. He tried to plant evidence and was caught.

You have to remember that the investigators saw the evidence and put the details in a probable cause affidavit. A judge reviewed the arrest and approved it, the DA reviewed the case and filed charges, another judge heard the case at a Preliminary hearing and felt it should go to a trial, a jury saw the evidence and felt he was guilty....they all made their decision based on facts. Not many of the people criticizing this conviction know the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom