"every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a connection between doing this & crime becoming more widespread

Can't be. The PC priests and priestesses like to keep feeding the willing masses with the "poverty and hopelessness is the reason for the crime in minority neighborhoods" sermon; moving the "under represented" into nice neighborhoods should cure this. It's worked every other time they've tried it, right? I think they have their logic backwards. Notice how nice, middle to upper middle class neighborhoods can go from well-kept, quiet suburbs to violent urban hell holes in just a few generations? It ain't because they imported poverty.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodness. You all act like crime just follows the underserved community wherever they go. With all the progress we've made in this country, solving poverty, crime, unwed mothers, drug abuse, domestic violence, you'd know to listen to those voices advocating for progressive housing laws.
Don't you realize the founders of this country sacrificed so we could share the heritage they gave us?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodness. You all act like crime just follows the underserved community wherever they go. With all the progress we've made in this country, solving poverty, crime, unwed mothers, drug abuse, domestic violence, you'd know to listen to those voices advocating for progressive housing laws.
Don't you realize the founders of this country sacrificed so we could share the heritage they gave us?

Then we can count on you to kick start the program by donating some land in your neighborhood?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually there's some housing in my very neighborhood managed by a tribal entity - it provides housing at a cost much lower than the surrounding homes. It is a great influence in the area. While I've been making house payments for close to 20 years, the occupants of those houses have no such privilege. Their fatherless children are often seen walking about the neighborhood.One girl that used to come to our house for food (when she was 4-6 years old) now has a child of her own! It's refreshing to see this cycle of life continue, such a contrast to the backwards, old-fashioned way I raised my kids.
I'll see what else I can do to try to perpetuate this, I guess I could donate part of my yard...

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A tribal entity owning land is not the same as the US gov using tax payer money to force nationwide neighborhood integration.

So it's refreshing to see a fatherless child have a child of her own..........is this child fatherless too?

Please share a bit about your backwards, old-fashioned child rearing ways.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A tribal entity owning land is not the same as the US gov using tax payer money to force nationwide neighborhood integration.

So it's refreshing to see a fatherless child have a child of her own..........is this child fatherless too?

Please share a bit about your backwards, old-fashioned child rearing ways.

Actually, it is a taxpayer funded enterprise. And placing low-income homes in the midst of homes that occupants actually pay for by virtue of having jobs forces those owners to give up the resale value of their investment.
It's quite easy to discern the homes owned vs "rented"...

I've seen the "father" once or twice - I'm willing to bet he'll be in some taxpayer-funded housing before too long as well.

Backwards, old-fashioned - my kids were raised to be responsible for their own actions, no one owes them a thing (even though both can claim minority status) - a man must work, take care of his family, you know, all that whitebread stuff...

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, it is a taxpayer funded enterprise. And placing low-income homes in the midst of homes that occupants actually pay for by virtue of having jobs forces those owners to give up the resale value of their investment.
It's quite easy to discern the homes owned vs "rented"...

I've seen the "father" once or twice - I'm willing to bet he'll be in some taxpayer-funded housing before too long as well.

Backwards, old-fashioned - my kids were raised to be responsible for their own actions, no one owes them a thing (even though both can claim minority status) - a man must work, take care of his family, you know, all that whitebread stuff...

I have to confess that I can't tell if you've been sarcastic throughout this thread or not, your posts seem to be contradictory to me.

You seem to advocate for this gov program while admitting that it would hurt the resale value of current home owners.

Your "backwards" ways sound like what we need more of to me, and contrary to what this proposed gov program would be.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to play devil's advocate once in a while. I went to high school during forced busing. Brilliant plan. Everyone involved seemed to bepissed off.

I've seen the "projects" moved to 61st and Peoria, while homeowners opposed were painted as evil, sefish, racists. look at what a raging success that has been.

I have the "tribal" housing issue now in my neighborhood - it's better than an apartment complex of unemployed single moms and their precious offspring, but only in size and scope.

W have taken away the incentives for people to work, live responsibly, and take care of "the children". Guvmint (taxpaying workers) will take care of it all, and if you want to live removed from those other folks, you obviously are evil.

I may be getting old and cranky....

Latest posts

Top Bottom