Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I'm comparing the news crew that originally made a big deal about this to the guy in the video. But if you saw the similarity there I think you should embrace your inner double rainbow viewer.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know that last comment is pretty ridiculous. But that's to be expected on an internet forum I guess. People can be 'talking heads' in their own armchairs and analyze the comments of others beyond the topic at hand.

Somehow, by saying that this whole contrail thing is a bit of a head-scratcher to me and doesn't fit into a nice tidy explanation box, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Maybe we could stick to discussing the merits of either side of the issue instead of trying to label the participants in the discussion?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So then, Crash.....all these photos you put up were taken from the same area, around the same date/time frame, as the ones in the LA news story? And just who is this "world's brightest physicist", anyway? Just curious....

did you not watch the video?

do you not watch the news? Kaku has been on TV about this.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you knew anything about me, you'd know that last comment is pretty ridiculous. But that's to be expected on an internet forum I guess. People can be 'talking heads' in their own armchairs and analyze the comments of others beyond the topic at hand.

Somehow, by saying that this whole contrail thing is a bit of a head-scratcher to me and doesn't fit into a nice tidy explanation box, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Maybe we could stick to discussing the merits of either side of the issue instead of trying to label the participants in the discussion?

Whoah, hold the phone. You're saying I called you a conspiracy theorist?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Chinese aren't going to engage us in a "shooting war",they'll eventually own everything here without firing a shot by buying us up one piece at a time.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoah, hold the phone. You're saying I called you a conspiracy theorist?

This discussion started getting polarized and I took the 'inner double rainbow viewer' comment negatively. I inadvertently lumped your post together with Poopgiggle's. My apologies.

I'm still not diggin' the double rainbow viewer thing, though.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This discussion started getting polarized and I took the 'inner double rainbow viewer' comment negatively. I inadvertently lumped your post together with Poopgiggle's. My apologies.

My "inner double rainbow viewer" comment was uncalled for and I do wish to apologize for that.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's right. Poopgiggle is the one. It wasn't but the other day when I told a young man that Poopgiggle was the one.
I said, If I had shipped the damned thing to Poopgiggle it would have been fixed by now and he'd of charged me less than you.
I had moved my home computer to the squalid little hovel that I dignify with the name MY OFFICE because My Office computer couldn't be fixed in a timely manner.
I told the young man over and over that I could have shipped it to Poopgiggle.
What did the young man do?
Either because he felt guilty, or because he thought I was insane, he fixed the damned problem.
Next time I'll just ship it to Poopgiggle.

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The psychology of conspiracy theorists continues to fascinate me.

+1. Took a semester in extreme deviance and studied all about conspiracy theorists and other subcultures . Really interesting. It seems the trend between most of them is the fact that they cannot prove that it was not "x", therefore it must be "x". Otherwise known as an argument from ignorance.

for example,
You cannot prove to me that it was not a missile, therefore it must be a missile

or...

I'm no conspiracy theorist. However, no one will ever be able to prove to me that it wasn't a missile because I wasn't there and didn't see it with my own eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom