Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After posting in the Trevon Martin/Zimmerman threads and predicting the wrong verdict, ive learned to keep my opinion to myself in these kinda threads.

I do hope I get a jury notice.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you think and what is reality may or may not be the same thing. The Supreme Court ruled in Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004) that an officer in a state with a "stop-and-identify" statute may ask for name, address, etc. if the stop is "based on specific, objective facts establishing reasonable suspicion to believe the suspect was involved in criminal activity." Further, the court specifically noted that the statute in question did not require the suspect to produce any kind of documentation, just to answer the question.

So, I will ask the question again: does Oklahoma have a statute requiring a pedestrian (and I say that to distinguish him from a driver, who does have to produce a driver's license upon demand) to show his papers upon demand of a law enforcement officer? I'd also ask whether Oklahoma has any stop-and-identify statute (even one that doesn't require a showing of papers), and whether the officer had "specific, objective facts establishing reasonable suspicion" that the decedent was involved in criminal activity.

Lots of armchair stuff being thrown around but none answering this just yet. Or the one from SMS for that matter.

My take is that things will come to light eventually and things as they are being spun now will be spun differently in the future. It appears to me also from the video that he was not breathing when the EMT got there. Otherwise, the cuffs would have stayed on and he would not have been slapped on the gurney so fast. Just my view though.

stromtomb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if I understand this correctly, the mom slapped the daughter, the dad was not civil to the officers, and perhaps even took a swing at one of them, so the guys in the magic costumes were more than justified in causing the man's death. Now it all makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom