Finally got my Anti-Gun Significant other out to the Range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She was getting comfortable and then 4/5 other people showed up. with all the other guns there she decided she was done. But I bought that for her 6 months ago, and she swore she would never shoot it. I'm not sure which world/news event changed her mind, I'm just glad she is willing now.
Good for you getting her out. One baby step at a time is what it takes to get a non-shooter into the shooter mind set. Pound her brain with news stories about how someone's life including their own was saved because they had a firearm in their possession. Not in the glove box, but in their possession.
Work on that grip.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She was getting comfortable and then 4/5 other people showed up. with all the other guns there she decided she was done. But I bought that for her 6 months ago, and she swore she would never shoot it. I'm not sure which world/news event changed her mind, I'm just glad she is willing now.
Get her a .22. A Ruger MK or Buckmark or something along those lines depending on your budget. Bring her in gently, she'll have a lot more fun, and it'll likely stick if she's not got a bucking gun in her hand and she's bouncing cans and plastic bottles around the range.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to look into what might be workable and affordable.

Thanks.
ACOGS are pretty expensive but really nice and durable. I’d probably start off with a Holosun 403c or 503c if you prefer the Aimpoint style red dot or maybe the 510c if you prefer the EoTech style red dot.

Both allow you to shoot with both eyes open.

Reach out to @carready for the best prices around. He’s a Holosun dealer.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back around the turn of this century, the wife and I bought semi-auto handguns because there was a possibility that I might get a night job. Fast forward to 2008, and she informs me that if Obumba gets elected, she was going to buy more guns.

I don't remember just what year we applied for the CCW permits, but when we did the class and went to the range, I set my handgun down and walked down to where she was shooting. One look at her shot group, and I decided I wasn't going to mess with this woman. (Now, with rifles, she has big problems. She can't close her left eye independently of the right one, so she has issues aiming. That's why we also have a shotgun.)

Over the years since, I think I've only suggested firearms once or twice to buy, but most of the times, it is her that decides we need a new one.
Teach her to shoot rifles with both eyes open.......better situational awareness......for toothy and two-legged critters.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back around the turn of this century, the wife and I bought semi-auto handguns because there was a possibility that I might get a night job. Fast forward to 2008, and she informs me that if Obumba gets elected, she was going to buy more guns.

I don't remember just what year we applied for the CCW permits, but when we did the class and went to the range, I set my handgun down and walked down to where she was shooting. One look at her shot group, and I decided I wasn't going to mess with this woman. (Now, with rifles, she has big problems. She can't close her left eye independently of the right one, so she has issues aiming. That's why we also have a shotgun.)

Over the years since, I think I've only suggested firearms once or twice to buy, but most of the times, it is her that decides we need a new one.
There is nothing in this world more frightening than a scared woman with a loaded shotgun.

Except OBiden getting the election again.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing in this world more frightening than a scared woman with a loaded shotgun.

Except OBiden getting the election again.

Oh, I don't know. There was a case some years back when a young widowed lady with a small child used her shotgun to cause a fellow to achieve room temperature...

...or, maybe it was "outside environmental temperature."

She was even on the phone with 911 at the time.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 1996 when my wife and I trained to teach the SDA the instructor told the class that men should never try to train their wives/girlfriends on shooting. I never had a problem with mine on the range. I just can't get her out shooting enough. Years ago, at the PD picnic she shot a judge's 1911 .45 and really liked it. Maybe when it warms back up, I'll temp her with the S&W 1911 I just bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom