First Deer Rifle Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkenneth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the .50 cal does sound enticing......

Well...since you're thinking .50 cal...might as well go ahead and look at the next logical step.

awww.tankopoly.com_his_pic_ac130a.jpg

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever make it out West to El Reno the is a range there that I can meet you at and let you try out the 25-06 and 243.

I think the 243 is a good gun for those that are sensitive to recoil but if age and health allow a bigger gun I would.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Savage in .270 Great entry level rifle. Will shoot with 99.9 % of the far more exspensive rifles out of the box. Also, Steyr makes a fine as shooting rifle as you will find. Pro hunter models from 600-800.00 bucks. Mine has never let me down.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 pages of this and that. :) No suprise with this question being asked!

All I am gonna say is the .243 and .270 are both more than adequate killers for Oklahoma whitetails out to 300 yds and if thats all you plan to hunt with it then the choice is a complete toss up! Totally personal preference. Just decide which you like/want more.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now it's time to spend more time thinking about deer and less time thinking about yer weapon.

It'll kill 'em. It'll kill 'em. That's the easy part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom