First European Mount Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 50% hydrogen proxide cream from the salon supply houses. It goes on with a paint brush and don't seem to dry out. Keeps working for days. I also like the bases sold at Skulls Unlimited in OKC. You can set them as a pedistial mount on a desk or hang them on the wall. They come in Oak or Walnut.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
twoforflinching: I'd heard about those beetles, and I think skulls unlimited uses that method, but I don't have enough dead stuff around to keep them alive lol.

SWRhodd: Thanks! Those look great!

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had pretty good luck using my 3000psi power washer while using the heat burner to strip off the meat. The more you can cut off the faster the process.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job..!

At one time, this member cleaned skulls..

Is he still around, don't remember his username...?

img.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_skullcleaning.jpg

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still here. I just took this year off, kind of! I was so busy last year, I hardly got any hunting time of my own in. Didn't even get a deer...plus I am in the process of looking for a house. I'd hate to move into a neighborhood and have the smell of death rolling down the street before even meeting the neighbors! lol

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done around 30 or so, and i've got one piece of advice that i wish i would have known (or listened to) earlier. Sal Soda (or Borax) will change your life if you're doing many of them. It makes the meat and crud just fall off of the bone. It cuts the time in half or more...but you have to be careful not to over boil the skull or the bone begins to dissolve. If the nose bones happen to fall off, it's an easy fix with some elmer's glue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom