First European Mount Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 50% hydrogen proxide cream from the salon supply houses. It goes on with a paint brush and don't seem to dry out. Keeps working for days. I also like the bases sold at Skulls Unlimited in OKC. You can set them as a pedistial mount on a desk or hang them on the wall. They come in Oak or Walnut.

+1 on the hydrogen cream. Was going to be my recommendation too.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finished one of the Cy Curtis from 2011. Antlers need some additional work as they were completely bleached out from something I did wrong at boiling time (can't remember). Stained them good enough for now.
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_deer4_zps08eed3ae.jpg

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick update: Nothing done yet still sitting in the bag. With christmas and getting ready to leave to go hunt in texas next week i havent had time to mess with it. Gonna make an actual effort to get on it when i get back from Texas. I dont go back to work for another 7 weeks so i got plenty of time.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justin: what stain do you use (brand, oil/water based) on the antlers? They look great!

OKCIS: you've been lazy about it for this long, why stop procrastinating now? lol jk

Latest posts

Top Bottom