Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a small lake here that used to be stocked with trout that has some really nice largemouth and smallmouth as well as giant perch they quit stocking trout several years ago. I haven’t ever caught a smallmouth but know of others that have. The wildlife department I heard shocked it several years ago and said there were largemouth that would break the state record in there. That’s what the lake patrol that use to live there and take care of the place told me he no longer works there he retired. Bluestem the other lake has a lot of good bass in it also I sold my boat and haven’t bass fished it in a few years

We used to fish Pawhuska lake all the time. Beautiful clear water lake, or at least it was when we fished there. I think we stopped going over there when it flooded and maintenance began at the ramp a while ago. Probably the clearest lake in the state next to Tenkiller. Haven't been to bluestem, but the old man only likes new experiences when they're his idea. I've been planting that lake in his mind for two years. Lol

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to fish Pawhuska lake all the time. Beautiful clear water lake, or at least it was when we fished there. I think we stopped going over there when it flooded and maintenance began at the ramp a while ago. Probably the clearest lake in the state next to Tenkiller. Haven't been to bluestem, but the old man only likes new experiences when they're his idea. I've been planting that lake in his mind for two years. Lol
Bluestem is good to fish if there aren’t many skiers or water rockets to mess with you upper bird creek is good but have a good sonar a lot of stumps and logs the old city lake is still crystal clear

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broken Bow in my view is the clearest lake in the state

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't talk anyone to going down there with me. One day though, rent the big cabin and spend a week in those islands.
Yeppers. Long time fellow school administrator friend of mine has lived and worked there all his ice. After retirement he was a Gide on the lake for yrs but too old now. Wonderful place

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a friend, his wife and daughter fishing. We caught 9 hybrid over 5#. Biggest 8.5#. Caught 32 total. Kept 13 of the smaller hybrid for a fish fry. Action was to fast and furious to get many pics.
20200726_002231.jpg
20200726_002303.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine and his son spent the evening on the water with me. It was a pleasant evening, a little cooler than recent. Fishing was pretty good. We turned some of the bigger ones back so they will get bigger. Before we went in, another boat stopped by and gave us the 2 fish they caught. Thinking back on that, they may have wanted to save a way point of exactly where I was fishing. Sneaky sneaky.
20200727_212919.jpg
20200727_212948.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom