Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out of Cypremort Point Louisiana today with Vermillion charters into the Atchafalya bay.
None of us had caught redfish. I have caught speckled trout a couple of times, but the other two friends had not.
At the end of the 4 hour trip including a 13 mile run to get there and back, we boated 11 redfish and 22 speckled trout.
I got the biggest bull red at 27”.
We also caught lots of flounder, but it’s spawning season and Louisiana has a season now that is closed, so all flounder and short fish of reds and specks had to be returned.

Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got both of them covered, still kinda trying to learn how to use the electronics lol. I've been watching some videos and stuff. They only way I've ever caught them or even tried to fish for them was trolling.
Trolling works but finding a big school with the electronics and parking on top of them with live shad or jigging spoons is the way to put numbers in the boat.
Sometimes if I’m trolling to locate a school, I keep a floating marker buoy handy to throw out which gives a reference point when I catch one. I know a school is near and the buoy keeps me in the general area while searching.

bshea

New to the site!
Reaction score
Trolling works but finding a big school with the electronics and parking on top of them with live shad or jigging spoons is the way to put numbers in the boat.
Sometimes if I’m trolling to locate a school, I keep a floating marker buoy handy to throw out which gives a reference point when I catch one. I know a school is near and the buoy keeps me in the general area while searching.
I actually bought a few of them last weekend thinking that would help. From what I've found, on my electronics the hybrids are easy to miss cause they really hug the bottom. I was looking for more of a stacked up pyramid look on sonar like sand bass show. I think I need to just spend more time playing with it and figuring it out. Have you fished fort cobb or waurika?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually bought a few of them last weekend thinking that would help. From what I've found, on my electronics the hybrids are easy to miss cause they really hug the bottom. I was looking for more of a stacked up pyramid look on sonar like sand bass show. I think I need to just spend more time playing with it and figuring it out. Have you fished fort cobb or waurika?
From what I hear, the hybrids are biting pretty good at Waurika right now. A cousin of mine is heading there in the morning to try and find them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, my home lakes are Kaw and Sooner.
I bank fished for hybrids at Sooner on the employee side of the discharge almost every day for the 15 years I worked there. It never failed to produce hybrids or stripers.

bshea

New to the site!
Reaction score
From what I hear, the hybrids are biting pretty good at Waurika right now. A cousin of mine is heading there in the morning to try and find them.
Awesome! We were thinking about going out there Saturday. Went to ft cobb last weekend. Caught a handful of following the birds around, all the ones we caught were pretty deep. In about 36-44' of water

Latest posts

Top Bottom