FN Browning Hi Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you put the C&S wide trigger in it, chances are better than average that you'll have to shorten the trigger lever, if you also remove the mag safety (or if you've already done so). I have no experience with the C&S trigger with a mag safety in the gun, but the C&S trigger and no mag safety changes the trigger geometry enough that the trigger lever (aka, trigger lifter) usually must be filed down a bit. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, guess I will get an extra trigger lever just in case so I can keep the original with the stock trigger.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guess I will get an extra trigger lever just in case so I can keep the original with the stock trigger.
Here's what to look for: with the stock trigger and the mag safety still in the gun, take the slide off, then pull the trigger all the way to the rear. Note the position of the tip of the trigger lever in relation to the top edge of the frame. The tip of the lever will be just below the edge of the frame. Try to recreate this relationship with the new parts.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I could not stand it View attachment 161544 View attachment 161545 and with Covid putting family out of work I could not justify spending a lot money on my HP so I worked on some of the worst dings and scratches and blued it until this deal settles and I can send it in for ceracoat and some better sights. May be C&S trigger stuff in the mail....... :cool:

@okierider: LOL! I get the part about not being able to stand it. So what did you use to cold blue? I have found Brownells Oxpho-Blue to be the best cold blue there is. You don't have to completely de-grease and then be careful about touching the metal and such as with other cold blues. You just have to wipe the excess oils off, apply it, wait a minute, and the blue takes. IMO, you really just cleaned it up; you didn't take away from the "character" of the pistol. Much. And I agree with @surjimmy; gorgeous grips there!

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may also want to consider sending your slide to Novak's for milling and sight installation. I believe their pricing to be fair. Their turnaround time is remarkable. They milled the slide of my FEG and installed sights last fall and I was very pleased with the work. They did refinish the entire slide in flat black.

I shipped the slide from my Kareen to them recently. It was delivered to them on Friday (5/01/20.) They called me for payment when the work was completed on Tuesday (5/05/20.) I should have it back on 5/08/20.

In both instances, I had them mill the slide for the sights, install their "LoMount Carry Browning MKII Plain Black" rear sight and Novak Brass Bead Front sight. The total cost for the work and return shipping in each case has been $217.90.

Here is my FEG after getting it back from Novak's:
zipty6.com_bhp_FEGa09SM.jpg

zipty6.com_bhp_FEGa08SM.jpg

I have installed the SFS system in both of my Hi Power clones and they both have the C&S Wide Trigger now as well.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@okierider: LOL! I get the part about not being able to stand it. So what did you use to cold blue? I have found Brownells Oxpho-Blue to be the best cold blue there is. You don't have to completely de-grease and then be careful about touching the metal and such as with other cold blues. You just have to wipe the excess oils off, apply it, wait a minute, and the blue takes. IMO, you really just cleaned it up; you didn't take away from the "character" of the pistol. Much. And I agree with @surjimmy; gorgeous grips there!

I did 3 coats of oxpho - blue liquid and 2 coats gel.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may also want to consider sending your slide to Novak's for milling and sight installation. I believe their pricing to be fair. their turnaround time is remarkable. They milled the slide of my FEG and installed sights last fall and I was very pleased with the work. Theu did refinish the entire slide in flat black.

I shipped the slide from my Kareen to them recently. It was delivered to them on Friday (5/01/20.) They called me for payment when the work was completed on Tuesday (5/05/20.) I should have it back on 5/08/20.

In both instances, I had them mill the slide for the sights, install their "LoMount Carry Browning MKII Plain Black" rear sight and Novak Brass Bead Front sight. The total cost for the work and return shipping in each case has been $217.90.

Here is my FEG after getting it back from Novak's:
zipty6.com_bhp_FEGa09SM.jpg

zipty6.com_bhp_FEGa08SM.jpg

I have installed the SFS system in both of my Hi Power clones and they both have the C&S Wide Trigger now as well.

Like those sights!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom